Wiki Posts
Search

Virgin Atlantic booking computers down!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2019, 6:02 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Virgin Atlantic booking computers down!

Couldn't log in so called and the Flying Club person who answered said they are having a massive failure and she hadn't been able to log in for the last hour.

Curiously, I also just couldn't log in to the Marriott or Starwood sites either so this might be a web server failure.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 6:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K
A few hours ago I was unable to use the VS web site to make an award booking -- the web site failed to render and threw a JS error on the "review itinerary" page, first on the US site, then also on the GB locale site (which worked for a while).

I phoned in and reservations was able to complete the award booking I wanted, though they said they had just gotten a memo saying there was a Flying Club related outage.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 5:18 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold
Flyingclub website and VS mobile app are unable to log me in as well.

Was checking in here to confirm it wasn’t just me!
ijgordon likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 6:05 am

I was becoming a little concerned in case it was an account security issue. Hopefully this is just a brief inconvenience.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 6:09 am

Same here.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 2:54 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold
I am able to login now
ijgordon likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by catlike
I am able to login now
I still can't but you're in the UK and I am in the USA so that might explain the difference. Just called and the agent said they are still down and they don't have a resolution time yet.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
I still can't but you're in the UK and I am in the USA so that might explain the difference. Just called and the agent said they are still down and they don't have a resolution time yet.
i too am UK based and can login as of this morning. Fingers crossed it will work your side of the pond when the country wakes up!!
Old Feb 10, 2019, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hawes7701

i too am UK based and can login as of this morning. Fingers crossed it will work your side of the pond when the country wakes up!!
Yes, I just succeeded, hurrah!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.