Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated VS to Tel Aviv (TLV) thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2019, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Consolidated VS to Tel Aviv (TLV) thread

According to Israeli media route will launch September 26th flying daily using the A330.

Not much further information at the moment other than that departure from TLV will be 7:50am, so I assume the outbound from LHR will be similar to BA's and LY's red eye flights (22:30).
ankomonkey likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 7:04 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
Flights to TLV

Seems like we have been here before . 😁

Nick
Old Feb 9, 2019, 4:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
Flights aren't on sale on the VS website yet.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 12:43 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
It is now official though - https://www.virginatlantic.com/conte...te-launch.html

Nick
Old Feb 10, 2019, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Schedule will be as follows:

First month of operation
LHR 13:30- TLV 20:35
TLV 07:15- LHR 11:10

End of October
LHR 16:00- TLV 23:00
TLV 06:00- LHR 10:00

Currently unclear whether the 13:30 departure will be back again for next summer's schedule, but the 16:00 departure makes far more sense.

Flights on sale February 25th.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 7:00 pm
formerl motty

Programs: UA 1K, UA 1MM, VS Gold, Hertz Pres. Circ, Avis Pres Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Question VS LHR TLV amenities Question

Booked on the newly inaugurated LHR-TLV VS453 and return TLV-LHR VS454 in Upper Class. The flight is a relatively short 5h for virgin. I was wondering if anyone had experience on the flight and whether PJs were given out on those flights.
Also, can you share any experiences on the flight?
Thanks
Old Nov 3, 2019, 1:22 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by motty
Booked on the newly inaugurated LHR-TLV VS453 and return TLV-LHR VS454 in Upper Class. The flight is a relatively short 5h for virgin. I was wondering if anyone had experience on the flight and whether PJs were given out on those flights.
Also, can you share any experiences on the flight?
Thanks
Yes they give PJs on this flight.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 6:28 am
formerl motty

Programs: UA 1K, UA 1MM, VS Gold, Hertz Pres. Circ, Avis Pres Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Mike Gold
Yes they give PJs on this flight.
Thanks Mike.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 6:40 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
Flying that in December and can't wait. JFK-LHR in the 350 and then on to TLV. I've seen posts that there are ways to pre-order the PJs. Does anyone have experience doing that? I tend to need a large top and medium bottom...if I get a large bottom, it's way too big and a medium top is too tight for me.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 11:44 am
Suspended

anyone have any info on the load factor? Its a high demand route as it is and I was wondering if they were able to make a dent and thusly stick around for the long term
Old Nov 25, 2019, 5:44 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
I am flying upper class 12/11 - 12/25 from JFK-LHR-TLV. i'll report back after the trip, but from the looks of things, up front it is very light. Upper class is wide open. Had a big sale earlier that was around $800 for upper class tickets LHR-TLV. Would be nice if they deployed the 350 to compete with BA's 350 on the route.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 2:43 am

Programs: SAA Voyager, VAA Flying Club, IHG
Originally Posted by divrdrew
Would be nice if they deployed the 350 to compete with BA's 350 on the route.
I'm sure that deploying an A350 would make the horrible economics of this route even worse. Likely to be outspoken here, but an A321LR or similar plane is really what needs to be flying - suspect given the fares and rules (e.g: most tickets I've seen have no advance purchase) the yields on this route aren't great and don't yet justify a widebody overnighting in TLV and a likely 2 day crew stop for a 5hr flight. Fantastic fares though to be had in all cabins. Couldn't imagine I could get an on the day Premium or WTP o/w for under $500 non stop this time last year. Suspect planes are full but yields are not the greatest.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 4:03 am

Additionally WRT the BA A350, it's very much positioned as more of a mid-range plane for BA (despite the new Club Suite) given that it lacks an F cabin, whereas the A350 is really VS's flagship plane now. It doesn't make sense for VS to waste it on what is barely more than a short-haul route.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 6:13 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
I’m in the LHR Clubhouse now and there are a few special menu items to celebrate the new route.

Old Dec 2, 2019, 2:37 am

Programs: VS Gold
I tried the Za'tar chicken and the Shakshuka on Friday - both very nice! The latter was a popular breakfast option too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.