Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Checking bags to intermediate destination?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2019, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage 2MM+ Lifetime PLT; BA, CO, UA, US; SPG; HHonors Gold
Checking bags to intermediate destination?

This is probably a long shot, but....

I have a (DL-marketed i.e. DL codeshares) flight SFO-LHR-BOM-CMB. The first leg (and therefore checkin) is on Virgin, the next two are on Jet. I have a long layover in BOM (11:05 hours). Is there anyway I can get my bags checked to BOM?
Old Jan 28, 2019, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
from reading threads about connections at Indian airports I believe that you have to collect your bags on arrival and then bag drop / recheck then anyway even if you have a connecting flight (same as arriving in the US for example)
Old Jan 31, 2019, 11:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage 2MM+ Lifetime PLT; BA, CO, UA, US; SPG; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
from reading threads about connections at Indian airports I believe that you have to collect your bags on arrival and then bag drop / recheck then anyway even if you have a connecting flight (same as arriving in the US for example)
That's definitely true for domestic connections. But CMB is international. Plus here my original check in is with Virgin at SFO and since they interline with 9W I suspect they will through check it to CMB.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
When your layover is overnight, there's never an issue with the short-check.

Otherwise you could try something along the lines of a "gift for a friend in BOM" - a liquid or something that you can't take on board.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.