Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best way to use 110k points?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2018, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

Best way to use 110k points?

For about 2 years I've had 110k points sitting in my account. Any suggestions how to best use them? I'm in NYC and will travel anywhere.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
The best way is to earn 10K more and fly return in F to Tokyo on ANA.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Are there any insane taxes and fees like they charge for LHR to NYC?
Old Dec 17, 2018, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by WantsAmex
Define insane.

ANA has much lower surcharges than VS. If you want a zero-surcharge reward you'll be searching for the proverbial needle in a haystack. (Delta award space to select destinations)
Old Dec 17, 2018, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by WantsAmex
Off the top of my head I think my return F this year from LHR to HND was about £400 in fees or about US$500. I would imagine NY to Tokyo would be somewhere in that ballpark. Probably lower as you don't have the UK taxes on top.

It's not fee free but considering that ANA F revenue fares from LHR to HND can cost over £10,000 (and did during the period I'm traveling) I consider a £10k saving worthwhile!

If you don't want something inspirational, you could probably get a handful of Delta domestic flights out of those miles.

Last edited by Theirin; Dec 17, 2018 at 10:47 am Reason: Added tax caveat.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 9:26 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Check
Feb 3-Feb 8/10

JFK-CDG

Would be on Delta one
Might not be the best use, since the distance is a bit of an in between in terms of getting useful sleep. And still some fees, although not as high as LHR
Old Dec 22, 2018, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 77Pat
Check
Feb 3-Feb 8/10

JFK-CDG

Would be on Delta one
Might not be the best use, since the distance is a bit of an in between in terms of getting useful sleep. And still some fees, although not as high as LHR

JFK-CDG

One way Upper Class CDG is 50k-72k points + $5. Limited availability but much better than Round trip JFK - London 105k points + $1,4000

From CDG, I can fly to London and then back to JFK

I can do Upper Class JFK - CGG, then do Upper Class London - JFK. Total would be around 110k miles + $300-400. The flight from CDG to Paris I will pay with cash

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.