Adding KTN to booking - TSA Precheck

Old Dec 11, 18, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Adding KTN to booking - TSA Precheck

Anyone know how to successfully add a KTN to an existing reservation to receive the "TSA Precheck" logo on a boarding pass without having to call or checkin at the airport?

I've never been so lost on how to add a KTN.
Old Dec 11, 18, 11:04 pm

Programs: SAA Voyager, VAA Flying Club, IHG
You could use MMB but prepare for that not to work particularly if it is close to depature.

Seriously though, do you dislike VAA staff - if you call them it could be added within 2-3 minutes. Or you could live chat with one of their reps online. There 24/7/365? Forgive me for being nosy; but why are you so adverse to picking up the phone for a few minutes or talking to a rep at the airport if you can't phone?

Have a great flight
Old Dec 12, 18, 1:44 am

As above, provided that you're not especially close to departure, you only need to add it in the API section of the Manage My Booking page in the app or on the VS website. If it's close to your flight you might be better off calling though.
Old Dec 12, 18, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RedRooibos View Post
You could use MMB but prepare for that not to work particularly if it is close to depature.

Seriously though, do you dislike VAA staff - if you call them it could be added within 2-3 minutes. Or you could live chat with one of their reps online. There 24/7/365? Forgive me for being nosy; but why are you so adverse to picking up the phone for a few minutes or talking to a rep at the airport if you can't phone?

Have a great flight
I usually try to avoid calling airlines due to wait times, but VS may not having this problem!

I shot them a message on Twitter, sounds like I'll just have to go to the check in desk at the airport and they can add it on.
Old Dec 12, 18, 9:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Gold, Virgin Trains Traveller, Her Majesties Secret Service.
Live chat on the website is pretty much the same as phoning for basic things like this, and often <1 minute wait.
Old Dec 14, 18, 12:11 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Wait times with VS tend to be pretty reasonable unless there's a specific issue causing problems.
Old Dec 15, 18, 9:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Plat, VS Gold, UA Plat, VX Gold (RIP), AS MVP 75K, Starriot Plat, Hertz President's Circle
I've called many times this month and had zero wait

Search this Thread