Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

Booking 2 One Way Redemptions using 3 accounts!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking 2 One Way Redemptions using 3 accounts!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2019, 9:38 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
I had a similar experience to tonymc yesterday. I called to book two inbound UC trips from HKG-LHR on the day of their release for travel in November. The plan was to book mine out of my account and my Wife's out of hers.
The agent suggested that it would be best if he transferred 57.5K from my Wife's account to mine, so that the bookings could go onto one PNR. I asked if there was a charge, and he said no.

It was all very quick and painless, and we are now on a single booking. ;-)

As an aside, the taxes / carrier imposed charges on the outbound I booked seven weeks ago were £766 for the two of us. For the return the total was HK$700 - about £70!

Nick
Old Jan 3, 2019, 9:24 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Very interesting.. maybe I should sign up my family for VS account now, and credit all DL and *A flights there.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Nottingham Nick

As an aside, the taxes / carrier imposed charges on the outbound I booked seven weeks ago were £766 for the two of us. For the return the total was HK$700 - about £70!
I haven't checked recently, but presumably VS are now adding surcharges ex-HKG now that the ban on them has been lifted?
Old Jan 4, 2019, 3:08 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
Originally Posted by craigthemif
I haven't checked recently, but presumably VS are now adding surcharges ex-HKG now that the ban on them has been lifted?
The conversation with the agent was quite strange. I had checked availability online and the surcharges were showing as HK$350 each on the website, but because I had intended to book the the
flights from separate accounts, I thought it would be easier to ring.
The agent confirmed availability, booked the seats and then said the cost would be £436 (or similar). I queried this, and said the website showed HK$700 total. The agent then changed the currency
on screen from £ to HK$ and the total changed to HK$700, so I asked to pay in HK$ ;-)
I have checked my credit card bill and the total is £70.50 plus currency surcharge, so I am happy with this.

Nick
Old Jan 4, 2019, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I have checked my credit card bill and the total is £70.50 plus currency surcharge, so I am happy with this.
Lucky b*%@!

Maybe instead of trying to earn enough VS miles for an ANA reward to Japan, I should get a HKG-LHR booked before Flying Club notices...
Old Jan 4, 2019, 3:55 am

The conversation with the agent was quite strange. I had checked availability online and the surcharges were showing as HK$350 each on the website, but because I had intended to book the the
flights from separate accounts, I thought it would be easier to ring.
The agent confirmed availability, booked the seats and then said the cost would be £436 (or similar). I queried this, and said the website showed HK$700 total. The agent then changed the currency
on screen from £ to HK$ and the total changed to HK$700, so I asked to pay in HK$ ;-)

Nick
Sounds like VS are using the post-Brexit exchange rate for GBP to HKD.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 4:56 am

Just as an FYI, they'll transfer miles into 1 account for free to make things easier for themselves when doing the booking, so long as the amounts are enough for a one way. They'll normally charge if you need a few thousand from other accounts, sometimes they don't.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.