Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

How Quickly Does Entertainment Selection Change?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2018, 2:12 am
Original Poster

This may be a silly question, but I'm the kind of person that likes to plan my entertainment in advance...

If I'm travelling on VS home to London, leaving early afternoon on the first of the month, can I expect the new month's entertainment? Does it take a while for it to be switched over? Does it only switch over once it's returned to the UK?

(Out of interest, how is this done - does someone physically change a hard drive or is it done over-the-air?)

Thanks!
Old Dec 2, 2018, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
If the plane has arrived that day from LHR then it is more likely to have the updated films etc but it would depend when that plane landed at LHR from it's previous flight/

They do tend to change on the 1st but it does depend on when planes are scheduled to arrive and depart LHR and if there are irrops they prioritise running flights rather than updating the IFE.

I believe they just change the hard drive as its probably quicker than wifi!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.