Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

No alternative but to be SCREWED due to a Virgin Schedule Change !

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No alternative but to be SCREWED due to a Virgin Schedule Change !

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2018, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
3 hours is where EC261 compensation kicks in, although I'm not sure whether it applies to in-advance schedule changes...
Old Nov 22, 2018, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
EU261 does not apply to schedule changes only cancellations.

good to know about the >3 hours rather than 5 for it to be a significant change to enable a passenger to ask for a refund if there is a schedule change.

(I just spotted an error in my first post I put a < rather than a > sign somsorry for envy confusion)
Old Nov 23, 2018, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
EU261 does not apply to schedule changes only cancellations.

Where's the line drawn though? Surely it would be technically feasible to notice that an inbound aircraft is badly delayed and announce a "schedule change".
Old Nov 24, 2018, 11:09 am

I think it’s 14 days. If the schedule is changed within 14 days of the flight, EU261 kicks in. I think!
Old Nov 24, 2018, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by travellingjake
I think it’s 14 days. If the schedule is changed within 14 days of the flight, EU261 kicks in. I think!
no. That’s cancellations. There is nothing in EU261 about schedule changes that would generate compensation.

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Where's the line drawn though? Surely it would be technically feasible to notice that an inbound aircraft is badly delayed and announce a "schedule change".
as a way to get around paying compensation or eliminating duty of care provisions then it really wouldn’t work. You could point to all the documents you had about the original schedule for example. In practical terms if they know that VSxxxx is going to be Y hours late they may reschedule it to that time but purely for practical reasons such as delaying opening checkin or keeping it open and stopping crew reporting for duty too early.

then of course you would then be in why was it delayed territory and the exemptions in EU261.
travellingjake likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.