Fare refund - correct amount?

Old Nov 8, 18, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
Fare refund - correct amount?

I was due to fly on a V class ticket last month but had to cancel my trip two days beforehand. I phoned VS to cancel the ticket then applied for a refund. Today I received a notification of the refund including breakdown.

I get that the airfare is non-refundable, but why are more than half of the taxes/fees/charges deemed non-refundable? The 30 ticket admin fee also seems a bit cheeky to me too.

Is this all I will ever get back, or is it worth haggling?
Old Nov 8, 18, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Platinum & Ambassador
the 180 not refunded in the taxes/fees/charges section is the VS fuel surcharge.

Only proper government taxes (such as UK APD) and airport fees are fully refundable and on this fare bucket is all you'd get back.
Old Nov 8, 18, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear View Post
the 180 not refunded in the taxes/fees/charges section is the VS fuel surcharge.

Only proper government taxes (such as UK APD) and airport fees are fully refundable and on this fare bucket is all you'd get back.
Thanks. Great info.

Search this Thread