Wiki Posts
Search

Virgin Atlantic A350: Configuration confirmed

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2018, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Virgin Atlantic A350: Configuration confirmed

Just seen on another forum that Virgin Atlantics A350-1000 will have a configuration of J44/W56/235Y and 1-2-1 upper class.

Heathrow - Newark filed as first flight on September 9. But not open for booking yet.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 1:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Gold, Virgin Trains Traveller, Her Majesties Secret Service.
Originally Posted by bmibaby737
Just seen on another forum that Virgin Atlantics A350-1000 will have a configuration of J44/W56/235Y and 1-2-1 upper class.

Heathrow - Newark filed as first flight on September 9. But not open for booking yet.
Thats very interesting. Largest premium and upper cabins in the fleet, if this proves to be true.

I believe the the Upper suites will technically be bigger too, so excited to try these new products.
bmibaby737 likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 9:34 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by bmibaby737

I'm curious why they chose Heathrow to Newark as the first flight
Old Nov 5, 2018, 11:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Plat, VS Gold, UA Plat, VX Gold (RIP), AS MVP 75K, Starriot Plat, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by MarkP24
I'm curious why they chose Heathrow to Newark as the first flight

because its VS1/VS2, flight numbers typically reserved for significant routes for an airline
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 3:16 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Gold, Virgin Trains Traveller, Her Majesties Secret Service.
I heard from VS flight crew yesterday that they might actually do BOS instead of EWR. They also said it may go onto JNB and do test flights during the day between outbound and return with additional crew flown down specifically to do that.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 10:48 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by VX N281VA

because its VS1/VS2, flight numbers typically reserved for significant routes for an airline
But is that route more profitable than others? I would assume JFK-LHR would be more profitable and more important. Why did they give the EWR route those prestigious flight numbers?
Old Nov 7, 2018, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by MarkP24
But is that route more profitable than others? I would assume JFK-LHR would be more profitable and more important. Why did they give the EWR route those prestigious flight numbers?
VS's maiden flight was LGW to EWR.

Now even though VS1 is LHR to EWR, the route remains significant due to EWR being the first destination of the company.

In terms of profitability, nobody outside of revenue management could tell you. But I have flown it a number of times and it is a popular route for a couple of reasons, first it's significantly more convenient for New Jersey than JFK is, so if your destination is on the other side of Manhatten to JFK, EWR is usually a good choice. Flight timing is also great. I love the late afternoon departure from LHR and the return is very reasonable as well, late evening in New York which gets you into LHR in the morning. Ideal for business travellers.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Hopefully this becomes the inaugural on Sept 9th. If a return is decently priced i’ll try and book on.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 3:39 am

¿VS A350 first routes?.....only known EWR.......
Old Jun 27, 2019, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by PABLOEING
¿VS A350 first routes?.....only known EWR.......
Aircraft 1 - NYC
Aircraft 2 - NYC
Aircraft 3 - NYC

I think 4 is TBC but you can guess ....

Old Jun 27, 2019, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
EWR? I really don't see that - despite any possible emotional VS1 history - for regular, scheduled service. As a one off maybe but that's it

I see VS putting their A350s on the LHR-JFK route to try and pull traffic away from BA who will still have their old CW seat on the route for quite some time.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 9:06 am

Given there's 5 flights between London/New York (JFK or EWR) and VS is getting 4 A350's by year-end (last I saw), any view on which route won't have the A350? Or just dependent on the day/equipment needs?
Old Jul 6, 2019, 8:58 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
Flight 137 on 12/25 LHR to JFK now shows 351.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 10:46 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
I see VS putting their A350s on the LHR-JFK route to try and pull traffic away from BA who will still have their old CW seat on the route for quite some time.
I've got JFK-LHR flights booked and VS138 on 23 November is the A351 but my return (VS45) the next Saturday is the 787.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
they only have one A350 at the moment so you need to select the right flights (also it will only be operating 6 days a week)

i posted the details here

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31278223-post2.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.