Wiki Posts
Search

VS117 meal service...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2018, 2:23 am
Original Poster

VS117 meal service...

Morning all.

Quick question. Just booked VS117 LHR-MIA in upper class departing at 10.10. Can anyone advise as to whether the main meal is breakfast or lunch?

thanks in advance!!!
Old Oct 19, 2018, 4:37 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
I tend to avoid Miami wherever possible, though recent reports say that the Immigration queues have improved recently.
The Miami flight has always served lunch AFAIK and looking at it logically, by the time you are in the air, levelled out, had a drinks service and the crew have the meal sorted - I would say it would be far too late to think about breakfast.
Hopefully someone will have a definite answer.

Nick
Old Oct 19, 2018, 4:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nottingham Nick
I tend to avoid Miami wherever possible, though recent reports say that the Immigration queues have improved recently.
The Miami flight has always served lunch AFAIK and looking at it logically, by the time you are in the air, levelled out, had a drinks service and the crew have the meal sorted - I would say it would be far too late to think about breakfast.
Hopefully someone will have a definite answer.

Nick
thanks Nick.

Thats what I was thinking but wanted to check. Aeroplane breakfasts are rarely good so was hoping it would be a lunch service.

Totally agree with MIA immigration but not much choice on this one. Meeting a friend there and only got a couple of days so wanted a direct flight.

Thanks again and and if anyone can give a definite on this it would be appreciated!!!

Last edited by Hawes7701; Oct 19, 2018 at 4:55 am
Old Oct 19, 2018, 6:02 am

Programs: VS Gold
I believe the only day flight that serves breakfast as the first meal is the VS26 which is the 8am departure from JFK.

Otherwise every other day flight has the main meal as lunch/dinner, followed up with extra bites depending on how long the flight is.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SlimpyJones
I believe the only day flight that serves breakfast as the first meal is the VS26 which is the 8am departure from JFK.

Otherwise every other day flight has the main meal as lunch/dinner, followed up with extra bites depending on how long the flight is.
brilliant. Thanks!!! Much appreciated!
Old Oct 19, 2018, 9:48 am

You're welcome! :-)
Old Oct 19, 2018, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by SlimpyJones

thanks for the VS26 information - was going to ask about that flight. Have an upcoming J sector on VS26 - is it breakfast then a light bite before landing ? Thanks for any info
Old Oct 20, 2018, 1:36 pm

I believe it is breakfast as the first meal shortly after takeoff, and then at some point through the flight a full lunch/dinner is served. I'm afraid I have no idea if the light bites menu is offered, I wouldn't expect so but someone who is 100% sure may chime in!
Mister Nice likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 7:44 pm

Don’t mean to hijack this thread but it’s been helpful with my questions for VS 26 - the daytime JFK-LHR - quick question - are sleep suits provided in Upper Class for this flight ? Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.