Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

Possible to check in at LHR T3 7 hours before flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2018, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Flying LHR to Hong Kong. Is it alright to check in with luggage 7 hours before flight at LHR T3? Presumably the desks are open. Thank you.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Plat, VS Gold, UA Plat, VX Gold (RIP), AS MVP 75K, Starriot Plat, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by IncyWincy
Flying LHR to Hong Kong. Is it alright to check in with luggage 7 hours before flight at LHR T3? Presumably the desks are open. Thank you.

Yes, definitely. VS (unlike most other airlines) don't seem to care much about checking bags too early.

I'm confirming that the desks are in fact open 7 hours before the HKG flight?
Old Oct 14, 2018, 9:07 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic, Avios
When I was at LHR on last week, a couple checked in 5.5hrs before their flight to DXB, so should be fine I guess.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 11:04 am
Original Poster

7 hours was fine.

Thanks.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 12:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Gold, Virgin Trains Traveller, Her Majesties Secret Service.
I've never had an issue checking in for the HKG flight even just after check in opens in the morning. Usually they are surprised, but have no issue with it.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 9:40 am

Programs: DL PM, Global Entry, TSA Pre√
Related question: I will be arriving in the morning at LHR on VS in upper class with a thirteen hour layover until my evening VS flight which is also in upper class (but separate itinerary, so not booked all the way through). What are my options for dropping my small carry-on bag if I want to go into the city and/or not carry it around all day between flights? Aside from checking in for my second flight super early, are there public lockers in LHR to use? Could I check the bag with the VS lounge (either arrival or departure lounges)? Any other option I'm overlooking? I am familiar with London and the airport otherwise, so I am just looking for advice specific to VS, their lounges, and upper class all of which I am doing for the first time. Thanks.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
No lockers but the excess baggage company (or somthing of a similar title) will store bags for you. They are located in arrivals near where you emerge from customs in T3.

Neither the CH or Revivals (which in any case closes at 13.00) will store bags for people leaving the airport.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 10:48 am

Programs: DL PM, Global Entry, TSA Pre√
Thank you, UKtravelbear. That is helpful to know. I will plan accordingly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.