Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

DL award seats available on delta.com, but Virgin agent can't see them

DL award seats available on delta.com, but Virgin agent can't see them

Old Aug 15, 2018, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by saaveraward
Similar question. I'm trying to book a domestic DL flight.

DL is showing availability at 34k miles in F for 6 days in February on a specific flight.

VS is only showing 1 day available.

Any reason for this?
DL has different reward inventory (i.e. a greater number of seats available) for its own members using SkyMiles when compared to the inventory it makes available to VS for their members to book using Flying Club miles. As far as I know there is not an easy way to see what reward inventory is available to VS by searching the DL website.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by gogiantsfan11
I was trying to go JFK to SNN and I spoked to a few different agents and I was told can't book this route. I guess not one of the redemptions either.
Yep, it seems that way. JFK-DUB nonstop on DL is searchable and bookable using VS miles on the VS website, though, if that's of any use.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 8:10 am

Programs: Honors/IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by newyorklondon
DL has different reward inventory (i.e. a greater number of seats available) for its own members using SkyMiles when compared to the inventory it makes available to VS for their members to book using Flying Club miles. As far as I know there is not an easy way to see what reward inventory is available to VS by searching the DL website.
I'm searching VS as well, thus able to do the comparison. But your explanation makes sense.
newyorklondon likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 9:21 am

I'm searching VS as well, thus able to do the comparison. But your explanation makes sense.
Good luck, hope you find something!
Old Aug 20, 2018, 4:47 pm

Programs: Honors/IHG Diamond
Interesting enough, I just got the opposite! Had to make a date change. VS showed a DL flight at 50k miles..... I went to DL to confirm and it came out to 280k miles. I figured it was phantom inventory, but why not call VS to see? Sure enough, VS was able to rebook me.

So VS had better access to DL inventory than DL!
newyorklondon likes this.

Last edited by saaveraward; Aug 20, 2018 at 5:06 pm
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:19 pm

Interesting enough, I just got the opposite! Had to make a date change. VS showed a DL flight at 50k miles..... I went to DL to confirm and it came out to 280k miles. I figured it was phantom inventory, but why not call VS to see? Sure enough, VS was able to rebook me.

So VS had better access to DL inventory than DL!
Excellent result!
Old Aug 23, 2018, 2:52 am

Just tried this with JFK-GRU - no luck
Old Aug 29, 2018, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by newyorklondon
Yep, it seems that way. JFK-DUB nonstop on DL is searchable and bookable using VS miles on the VS website, though, if that's of any use.
I've been struggling to get this to search on Virginatlantic.com - any idea the trick in being able to search?

I'm getting the following error:

We're sorry. There are no scheduled Virgin Atlantic or Partner flights between Dublin - Dublin International Airport (DUB) and New York Area Airports - New York (All Airports) (NYC). Please try again with an alternative airport. #101765R
&
We're sorry. There are no scheduled Virgin Atlantic or Partner flights between Dublin - Dublin International Airport (DUB) and New York - John F Kennedy International (JFK). Please try again with an alternative airport. #101765R
Old Aug 29, 2018, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by lev441
I've been struggling to get this to search on Virginatlantic.com - any idea the trick in being able to search?
Try searching as two one-ways and let us know how you get on. Just FYI, this is of those weird routes whereby DL offers Delta One inventory to VS, but rarely lower cabins.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.