Wiki Posts
Search

Fast Track at LHR for PE?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2018, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Fast Track at LHR for PE?

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has from the US has been able to use Fast Track at LHR if flying Premium Economy? Probably a simple question, but I couldn't find an answer easily and thought you'd all be able to help. Thanks!
Old Mar 27, 2018, 8:52 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
From your locked double post in the Delta forum, you indicated you booked as a DL code. That itself doesn't matter, but if you are PM or DM with DL, you can ask an FA for a FastTrack pass even if you aren't in Upper/Business. Otherwise PE doesn't ordinarily get you FastTrack.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 10:41 pm

Programs: VS Au, Skywards Au, BA Exec Ag, HH Diamond, Taj Au
Only if you're FC Au.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
For arrivals at LHR, even as a DM, I've never been given a Fast Track arrivals card in PE.

For LHR T3 departures, DL DM/PM, VS Flying Gold, and UC pax have access to the UC Security Wing.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 6:55 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by rwoman
For arrivals at LHR, even as a DM, I've never been given a Fast Track arrivals card in PE
Did you ask? Except for my first VS flight shortly after the JV, I've always had to ask, and have never been denied. But I also typically fly VS26, so even the regular line isn't usually too terrible at that time.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by bennos
Did you ask? Except for my first VS flight shortly after the JV, I've always had to ask, and have never been denied. But I also typically fly VS26, so even the regular line isn't usually too terrible at that time.
On VS? No, I've not asked; I'm sure I could ask but as a Registered Traveller, no need.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 10:02 am

I recently flew Premium JFK-LHR. Asked if I had access to FastTrack (knowing that technically I didn't) and was handed a FastTrack card immediately. It is by no means a given. Think it is just a matter of who you ask and how.
Old May 9, 2018, 11:55 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
In PE ATL-LHR a couple of years ago, I was PM at the time and asked the FA for a Fast Track pass, and she provided them to me and the lady next to me with a smile.

I would always ask; the worst they can do is say no.

This is a significant issue, as you can get stuck in a 60+ minute queue in the regular immigration line if you get unlucky and your flight deplanes right after two A380s arrive at other gates.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 4:04 am

Programs: Delta, Starwood, Hilton
Thanks to those who counseled to ask for Fast Track passes when in PE. I asked and the lovely person giving us drinks said she would check. She came back in just a little while with two pink passes which saved us about an hour. We still waited about an hour in line but the regular line was much longer.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
That was the one really nice thing about flying MCO-LGW in VS PE, you could buy fast track for 7 GBP, and at 7am there were only three people in front of me. Last time on flew JFK-LHR in VS PE, I was in the passport line for almost an hour at Heathrow.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 6:38 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by bennos
I also typically fly VS26, so even the regular line isn't usually too terrible at that time.
Mind if I ask what UK Immigrations line is like coming of VS26 (I'm flying on a Saturday, if it makes a difference). I'm in PE and a Delta Platinum so I will ask for a Fast Track pass, but was curious to know what to expect; thanks!
Old Jun 26, 2018, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
What time does the VS26 land? Rather a vital piece of info!
Old Jun 26, 2018, 3:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Gold, Virgin Trains Traveller, Her Majesties Secret Service.
VS26 leaves JFK around 08.15 and scheduled arrival is usually 20.10 at T3. Obviously, it's often faster due to tail winds.YMMV.
FlyinHawaiian likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
According to the BA website fast track immigration at T3 closes at 22.00 so should still be available.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 2:43 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I arrived earlier this evening around 1945. No issue at all obtaining a Fast Track pass from my flight attendant in PE. The queue for Fast Track was about 20 minutes; the regular non-EU queue was much longer; about 3/4 of the hall.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jul 13, 2018 at 8:11 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.