VS Xmas sale has started

Old Dec 14, 17, 4:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA (GGL, CCR & G4LIFE), VS (Gold4life), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Spire Elite), SPG (Plat)
VS Xmas sale has started

So looks like the VA sale has started - some not bad fares in Upper although the 50 day advance purchase (for US ex Caribbean, HKG ) is longer than I would have expected...

https://www.virginatlantic.com/gb/en...carousel_deals
Old Dec 14, 17, 1:08 pm

Is it fully loaded yet? I can see DUB -BOS in upper for Ä1240 and DUB -LAS for slightly more but I can only get it to price leaving April 13 & returning April 20 (Iím looking for any time in April) and I canít get an open jaw to price at all
Old Dec 14, 17, 10:00 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, VS Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Upper Class sale fares for nearly all US destinations are valid for departures the week of 26 May only.
Bit rubbish.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Dec 15, 17, 2:52 am

Underwhelmed. The fares are no different to what they were selling at last week.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Dec 15, 17, 5:23 am

Fares ex DUB are excellent to US. BOS, NYC, WAS, LAS all around the Ä1250 mark with availability in April, June & October
Old Dec 15, 17, 7:36 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell View Post
Fares ex DUB are excellent to US. BOS, NYC, WAS, LAS all around the Ä1250 mark with availability in April, June & October
Hi, What website are you finding this on?

thanks
Old Dec 15, 17, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by red duster View Post
Hi, What website are you finding this on?

thanks
Found fares via kayak but bookable on lastminute.ie, ebookers.ie or via agents such as trailfinders
Sealink likes this.
Old Dec 15, 17, 8:29 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell View Post

Found fares via kayak but bookable on lastminute.ie, ebookers.ie or via agents such as trailfinders
Fantastic, thank you
Old Dec 15, 17, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by red duster View Post
Fantastic, thank you
You're welcome. Just booked 2 return trips for next year, my first time flying Upper with Virgin after 5 years with BA & AA. Looking forward to it
Old Dec 19, 17, 7:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
Was looking at this and am curious if anyone has advice on dropping the DUB-LHR segment after booking. Seems like it wouldn't be possible, but would love to know any tips on this, since LHR-JFK-LHR is really all I'm looking for.
Old Dec 20, 17, 1:55 am

Programs: VS Gold
Originally Posted by traveladam View Post
Was looking at this and am curious if anyone has advice on dropping the DUB-LHR segment after booking. Seems like it wouldn't be possible, but would love to know any tips on this, since LHR-JFK-LHR is really all I'm looking for.
Unfortunately not without calling Virgin/Expedia/whoever you booked it with and getting the whole ticket repriced as LHR-JFK-LHR. The low price you have paid is the tradeoff for the inconvenience of getting to Dublin and starting your trip there!
Old Dec 21, 17, 11:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
Thanks! Well worth a little trip to Dublin then.
Old Dec 23, 17, 6:21 am

Programs: BA Gold
Just to say if you also have an Amex Platinum or Gold card check for an Amex travel offer. I've just booked one of these nicely priced trips for next year and got £200 back from Amex. Based on comments elsewhere it seems to be £50 off £200 spend on Gold, and £200 off £600 spend on Platinum.
Old Jan 3, 18, 12:25 pm

Hi there. I have a price of £330 from DUB>LON>LAS on ITA Matrix but when i go to book on Virgin it says "There are no scheduled Virgin Atlantic or Partner flights between Dublin - Dublin International Airport (DUB) and Las Vegas - Mc Carran International (LAS)."

Am i doing something wrong ?
Old Jan 3, 18, 1:15 pm

This is the fare im trying to book

Search this Thread