Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upper Class seat advice for 2 travellers

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2017, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Upper Class seat advice for 2 travellers

My wife and I will be likely traveling in Upper Class from JFK -> LHR -> DEL and vice versa. JFK -> LHR are in an A340 and LHR -> DEL in B787.

I've never flown VS before and looking for some advice on seating options so we can actually talk an interact on a 20 hour journey. All of the seats on both plans seem to be geared toward solo travelers.

Thoughts?
Old Dec 6, 2017, 2:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Gold, Virgin Trains Traveller, Her Majesties Secret Service.
I'd say the nature of the UC seating, on both aircraft, is a little solo-ish. As a solo traveller, I love it. But if you want to talk to the person next to you, it can be hard and doing it a lot can result in a sore neck.

My advice would be to sit opposite each other, it will be far easier to communicate that way. Rows G and K on the 787 or on the 340 2A through 6A/1D through 7D or 8K through 16K/8G through 16G.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 12:17 pm
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
This is a common question on the VS board and, as CommanderB alludes to, the set up in UC is not ideal for couples who want to interact in-flight.
Our preference is different to his though, we prefer to be next to each other and to talk over the divider between the suites, rather than opposite each other - especially as the alignment of the suites sometimes isn't exactly as portrayed on the seat maps on the VS website.
You can also share the suite when it is ion seat mode - one use the seat and the other can sit on the foot rest if you want a more intimate conversation.

Nick
Old Dec 23, 2017, 6:18 am

Programs: BA Gold
As a Solo traveller on the 787 would you recommend any particular seat, or is it the case they're all very similar?
Old Dec 24, 2017, 4:52 am

Programs: VS Gold, Marriott Platinum, BA Gold, Ryanair hatred!
I'm with Nick on this one, my wife and I FAR prefer sitting next to each other rather than opposite.

Maybe the only exception to this is on the old new upper class (if that makes any sense?). I think i'm right in saying that particular seat is mostly in the A330's that haven't been retrofitted with VS's latest generation cabin, I think you can tell by looking at the seat map, if it's 3 across it's been updated, if it's 4 across it hasn't (hopefully that's right, if not I'm sure someone will correct me)!
@dougzz - anywhere at the other end of the cabin from the bar (which is nice to visit but often a pain to be next to). On a daytime flight it makes no difference to me if I'm in the A row (facing the back of the seats opposite) or the K row (facing people). On a night flight however, I definitely prefer the A row.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 6:55 am
formerly dave h.

Location: Seattle - it's not Hell, but you can SEA it from here!
Programs: SkyMiles, IHG nobody, HH nobody
dougzz - 787 7A & 7K don't have windows, which isn't a problem if you can turn your head 120°. 11A & 11K are right next to the bar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.