Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Matrix ITA fare VS/BA to Rome

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2017, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

Matrix ITA fare VS/BA to Rome

I found a fare and schedule I like on Matrix ITA using VS to LHR and connecting to BA to FCO. When I try to book on the Virgin Atlantic website it does not give the option of Rome as a destination. Any suggestions?
Thank you!
Old Nov 8, 2017, 12:43 am

Don't think Virgin will as they don't code share with BA
Old Nov 8, 2017, 1:43 am

Programs: VS Gold
That won't be an itinerary you can book over the website, for the reason gismo gave. You could try an online booking service like Orbitz or Expedia, etc. Alternatively you might have luck giving Virgin a call and telling which flights you want to take, they may be able to price it up for you
Old Nov 8, 2017, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Thanks. Just got off the phone with Virgin and they did offer the same thru fare as shown on ITA Matrix. SFO/FCO - BLQ/SFO Apr-May for $807.00 rt. A good deal compared to everything else I have been seeing. Plus $39 pp each way for seat assignments. But hey, we get a meal and a checked bag!
SlimpyJones likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 9:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
Well done! I didn't think VS would be able to ticket this. I think having them do it all would offer some protection for you on later flights should your VS flight be late etc. (others may correct me if I'm wrong)

Did you have to give the VS person the booking codes etc to get the same fare?
Old Nov 10, 2017, 10:53 am
Original Poster

VS came up with the fare on their own (same fare that Matrix ITA quoted). I hope I don't end up regretting the switch of airlines at LHR. When I called BA to check on seat assignments for the LHR-Italy flights they could not find the record as they claimed VS had not provided them with all of the info. So I now need to go back to VS and get the BA record locator. Problem is that each time I have called VS I have been on hold for a very long time. Once I get a person on the line, they have been very very nice however!
Old Nov 10, 2017, 12:26 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
I use AZ for the LHR-FCO segments and buy tickets separately.
I understand it could be a hassle in case of delays etc. however the flights coming from the west coast always land several hours before the next AZ flight leaves. On the way back I stay overnight near LHR, or take a mini vacation in London.
Not sure if flying BA it is possible to leave FCO early enough to make a west coast bound flight.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 3:56 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by gismo1554
Don't think Virgin will as they don't code share with BA
They don't codeshare with BA but they do sell BA flights. My TA books me CDG-LHR-XXX flights and the tickets are issued by VS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.