Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award ticket validity

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2017, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Award ticket validity

Is a one-way award ticket valid 12 months from the date of issue or date of departure? Looking at a possible trip in June and if unable to do so, I won't be able to go until February 2019 so trying to see if I can book now and safely be able to change the date if needed, or if I need to wait until Feb 2018 to book it?

I have searched through previous threads but got conflicting information from a thread from 2011 and 2008. I called Virgin Atlantic and got 2 different answers (first agent was not sure).

Thank you!
Old Oct 24, 2017, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
IIRC the cancellation and date change fees are the same, so why would it matter much?

If you get to April 2018 and your trip doesn't go ahead for June, then you can either pay to change the date or pay to cancel and immediately re-book for Feb 2019.

If you want to avoid paying fees, you obviously have to run the risk of award availability disappearing whilst you figure out your plans.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.