FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-atlantic-airways-flying-club-506/)
-   -   Place Reward flights on hold (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-atlantic-airways-flying-club/1869498-place-reward-flights-hold.html)

poppyz Sep 29, 2017 10:07 am

Place Reward flights on hold

Waiting for mileage booster miles to post,can you phone up and place a reservation on hold?

craigthemif Sep 29, 2017 10:46 am

Not as far as I know.

SlimpyJones Sep 29, 2017 11:31 am

I believe you can yes. I've heard that people are able to hold them for 72 hours. It's worth calling to ask.

LaikaSpacedog Sep 30, 2017 3:29 am

Yes, you can! I frequently get offered 72 hour holds (I am Gold, so I don't know if the status effects that).

craigthemif Sep 30, 2017 4:00 am

Originally Posted by SlimpyJones (Post 28874236)
I believe you can yes. I've heard that people are able to hold them for 72 hours. It's worth calling to ask.

Originally Posted by LaikaSpacedog (Post 28876649)
Yes, you can! I frequently get offered 72 hour holds (I am Gold, so I don't know if the status effects that).

Really? I stand corrected. I've only heard of people converting credit card points whilst on hold with an agent, not getting a PNR for a hold and calling back later.

I assume that we're only talking about VS metal rewards here.

LaikaSpacedog Sep 30, 2017 5:55 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 28876682)
Really? I stand corrected. I've only heard of people converting credit card points whilst on hold with an agent, not getting a PNR for a hold and calling back later.

I assume that we're only talking about VS metal rewards here.

Yes, I have only ever done it with VS metal rewards. Prior to having status I was usually offered a hold time of 24-48 hours, so I don't know if the 72 hours option is due to status or just a more recent introduction. I did it last week putting two PE mileage flights on hold for my sister and her OH. It's very useful when waiting for a miles booster to come through!

Lawro Oct 3, 2017 10:28 am

I've literally just done this. Wasn't sure it could be done but thought I'd ask and was told can be held for approx 30 hours...

ILuvParis Oct 9, 2017 7:43 am

FWIW, if you book trips on Delta using Virgin miles, they will hold for 48 hours (actually 11:00 p.m. EST two days later).

Lawro Oct 9, 2017 9:13 am

Originally Posted by ILuvParis (Post 28910708)
FWIW, if you book trips on Delta using Virgin miles, they will hold for 48 hours (actually 11:00 p.m. EST two days later).

I was actually offered 72 hours on my booking last week - no DL/VS status to speak of either.

gjbower Oct 9, 2017 9:29 am

I did this today - 40000 miles short of the 120000 required for 3 x SQ IST-SIN J redemptions for August. I bought the extra miles yesterday and called to explain I was concerned that they wouldn't post in time and I'd lose the flights (they have a hard hold limit of 24 hours with SQ).

I agreed to mail over receipts for the Boost and additional mile purchases - the agent then manually added the miles to my account so the booking could complete, with the intention of removing them at the end of the week - by which time, my miles will have posted.

Awesome service really - not sure if this is only on partner awards where there are less IT limitations.