Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2021, 4:33 pm

Programs: US, LH, HH
Originally Posted by michaelmorio
I have a VS Flying Club account. Can I book an award fight for my wife using my account? Do I have to be booked at the same time for the same flights? If yes, who else like immediate family could be booked?
You can book for any third party, no further requirements. Your relationship or whether you're on the same flight doesn't matter.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by freakazoid
You can book for any third party, no further requirements. Your relationship or whether you're on the same flight doesn't matter.

Freakazoid,

Thank you!

michaelmorio
Old Apr 10, 2021, 2:48 pm

I booked round trip tickets (had to break up into two bookings) through VS on ANA
2 Business Class tickets & 1 First Class ticket: Depart ORD December 14, arrive Tokyo December 15. Depart Tokyo January 14th arrive ORD January 14th
Looking to see if I can switch to all 1st if I can over time but I'm happy with this booking.
joachimm likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 1:19 am

Well am looking to go to Haneda Tokyo next March, on ANA with Virgin air miles / points.

I live in the UK but looking at flying from Frankfurt for lower fees etc. but looking at Heathrow as a backup. We live in Scotland but through my partner we get free rail travel so getting to London is a zero cost option, apart from a night in a hotel night before type of thing.

Monday 14th March would be the first date interested in, which I think I might be able to get via Virgin this coming Saturday, the 17th, if any availability.

Am looking to try and get 2 seats on the same flight out, and then similar about 10 days later to get home. Two First would be nice but think chances quite low, done this once before and nabbed First for partner both ways, and Business for me both ways.

Looking at the United site for availability and for Frankfurt it shows they have 2 flights a day, one at 11:30 and the other at 20:45. The 4th March is showing a Business seat on the 11:30 flight and a First on the 20:45 flight.

My basic plan is to try and get the highest grade seat (First or Business) on the day they appear. I will put my partner in the highest rated seat as they would get more benefit from the higher class cabin (they drink and like their food, am teetotal and non-adventurous food wise) and even nab an Economy seat if needed. Then over the coming weeks months, keep an eye on things and see if can nab better seats as they become available.

Am I right in thinking that if I keep track on things, and higher grade seats become available on the same flight - there would be no fee for changing booking if it is on the same flight? If to change to another flight, is it £50 per person to change?

Part from doing a dummy booking – is there a way to see how much the taxes / fees would be to fly from Heathrow?
Old Apr 15, 2021, 8:39 am

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Can we fly home from KIX to LAX or ORD for 47.5k pp in J or do we have to travel back to HND?
Trip in late March so will try in book it in two weeks.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Antony Jackson
Well am looking to go to Haneda Tokyo next March, on ANA with Virgin air miles / points.

I live in the UK but looking at flying from Frankfurt for lower fees etc. but looking at Heathrow as a backup. We live in Scotland but through my partner we get free rail travel so getting to London is a zero cost option, apart from a night in a hotel night before type of thing.

Monday 14th March would be the first date interested in, which I think I might be able to get via Virgin this coming Saturday, the 17th, if any availability.

Am looking to try and get 2 seats on the same flight out, and then similar about 10 days later to get home. Two First would be nice but think chances quite low, done this once before and nabbed First for partner both ways, and Business for me both ways.

Looking at the United site for availability and for Frankfurt it shows they have 2 flights a day, one at 11:30 and the other at 20:45. The 4th March is showing a Business seat on the 11:30 flight and a First on the 20:45 flight.

My basic plan is to try and get the highest grade seat (First or Business) on the day they appear. I will put my partner in the highest rated seat as they would get more benefit from the higher class cabin (they drink and like their food, am teetotal and non-adventurous food wise) and even nab an Economy seat if needed. Then over the coming weeks months, keep an eye on things and see if can nab better seats as they become available.

Am I right in thinking that if I keep track on things, and higher grade seats become available on the same flight - there would be no fee for changing booking if it is on the same flight? If to change to another flight, is it £50 per person to change?

Part from doing a dummy booking – is there a way to see how much the taxes / fees would be to fly from Heathrow?
Just look at ITA Matrix for taxes / fees.

You are FAR more likely to find award space to/from FRA, so don't spend too much time worrying about LHR costs.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by kmandrew
Can we fly home from KIX to LAX or ORD for 47.5k pp in J or do we have to travel back to HND?
Trip in late March so will try in book it in two weeks.
ANA does not have TPAC routes from KIX.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 11:37 pm

Programs: ANA Diamond, JAL JGC Sapphire, Asiana Gold, Marriott Ambassador Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Has anyone booked anything recently? Checking for new March 2022 dates and it seems like nothing is available. On the other hand, late Feb 2022 was wide open just a few days ago.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 12:14 am

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by flyboygoon
Has anyone booked anything recently? Checking for new March 2022 dates and it seems like nothing is available. On the other hand, late Feb 2022 was wide open just a few days ago.
Yes, I just took a HND-JFK in F for mid March 2022 about 10 mins ago. Not sure what airport pairing you’re looking for but there are seats, just very sparse and booked up rather quickly.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 8:09 am

Programs: ANA Diamond, JAL JGC Sapphire, Asiana Gold, Marriott Ambassador Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Ah that’s the exact same route and timing I was looking at. I guess it’s a positive that it’s still bookable, my timing is just bad. I cross-referenced availability through ANA’s mileage programme, and as a Diamond I didn’t see any seats, so I feared that bookings in F might just be closed overall.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by Dave510
Yes, I just took a HND-JFK in F for mid March 2022 about 10 mins ago. Not sure what airport pairing you’re looking for but there are seats, just very sparse and booked up rather quickly.
Dave510 are you using expert flyer to check availability?
Old Apr 20, 2021, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by flyboygoon
Dave510 are you using expert flyer to check availability?
No, I’ve been manually checking via Air Canada/Aeroplan search.
flyboygoon likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 10:46 am

Nailed down 2 F LAX-NRT last week for early March. I'd keep an eye out for LAX/SFO since people seem to favor HND. I do too, but beggars can't be choosers.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by 22calbr
Nailed down 2 F LAX-NRT last week for early March. I'd keep an eye out for LAX/SFO since people seem to favor HND. I do too, but beggars can't be choosers.
Not too sure about LAX route, but I purposely looked for HND instead of NRT for JFK because NH has been cancelling the NRT flights and keeping the HND flights for JFK.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 8:46 am

Looking to book London to Manila for next year when availability appears. A couple questions:
  • Can Virgin book a connecting itinerary with ANA from LHR - HND - MNL? (ANA do offer HND - MNL flights with long layover)
  • If Virgin can't offer connecting itinerary, how likely are ANA to allow check-through baggage on two separate tickets? BA/Oneworld can be a bit difficult for this...hope ANA might be better
    • Does anybody have experience of check through baggage from ANA to JAL? Clearly on separate tickets, but JAL offer better departure/shorter layover from HND to MNL.
The main concern about having separate tickets is my partner requires a visa for Japan so don't want to get caught out with connecting flights.

Appreciate the help

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.