Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2021, 3:42 am

Question - I am now looking out to see if can any reward seats for myself for our trip to Japan - at the moment I have paid ticket bought from ANA for:
Glasgow - Frankfurt flying with Lufthansa
Frankfurt - Haneda via ANA
Haneda - Frankfurt via ANA
Frankfurt to Glasgow flying with Lufthansa

Now two of those flights have potential to get an ANA reward seats on, but if I am lucky enough to get one I would want to cancel that particular flight I have paid for, the question is would I have to cancel the ENTIRE booking, or could I keep the legs of the flights am not replacing with a reward seat?

If I want to cancel the Frankfurt to Haneda leg, can I keep the other flights, inc the Lufthansa ones??
Old Aug 5, 2021, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Antony Jackson
Question - I am now looking out to see if can any reward seats for myself for our trip to Japan - at the moment I have paid ticket bought from ANA for:
Glasgow - Frankfurt flying with Lufthansa
Frankfurt - Haneda via ANA
Haneda - Frankfurt via ANA
Frankfurt to Glasgow flying with Lufthansa

Now two of those flights have potential to get an ANA reward seats on, but if I am lucky enough to get one I would want to cancel that particular flight I have paid for, the question is would I have to cancel the ENTIRE booking, or could I keep the legs of the flights am not replacing with a reward seat?

If I want to cancel the Frankfurt to Haneda leg, can I keep the other flights, inc the Lufthansa ones??
It will depend on the specific fare rules of your ticket. Unless it is a fairly flexible booking, chances are that the answer is all or nothing, or that it will trigger a repricing that will not be particularly attractive.
Antony Jackson likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 9:23 am

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Getting ready to book return leg of TYO-SEA in July 2022. Using search on United, I see 1 ticket on Saver, 1 on Everyday - both for Business. Does that mean I can book both via Virgin?
Old Aug 6, 2021, 9:34 am

Afraid not, just the one.
tripmaster likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by CosmicGirl
Glad you found it.
This thread has taught me that VS needs business saver availability, but I believe that United shows one seat under both categories. So United would really only have access to one seat but display it twice. If you book one seat in business class with VS you'll see that both disappear on the UA site.

Take the time to read through the whole thread. You'll learn a lot.
tripmaster and CosmicGirl like this.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 10:07 am

Im looking to book TYO-NYC on july 10-12 dates... called VS and they said my dates dont open till next week (that makes sense, thats about 330 days out) -- saw 1 award NRT-SFO-LGA but that may be under a different award release bucket?
Old Aug 8, 2021, 10:13 am

Booking for the NRT-SFO will open in 5 days time.

Whether Virgin will be able to book you the SFO-LGA depends on the carrier (for one thing)… as the second leg you’ve found may not be with someone they partner with?

Delta options all seem to involve a further stop in DTW/MSP/ATL.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by tripmaster
Im looking to book TYO-NYC on july 10-12 dates... called VS and they said my dates dont open till next week (that makes sense, thats about 330 days out) -- saw 1 award NRT-SFO-LGA but that may be under a different award release bucket?
Booking opens 331 days out at 7am UK time.

This is a handy website to calculate when the 331 date is: Calculator: Add to or subtract from a date (timeanddate.com)
tripmaster likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by Tofino87
Booking for the NRT-SFO will open in 5 days time.

Whether Virgin will be able to book you the SFO-LGA depends on the carrier (for one thing)… as the second leg you’ve found may not be with someone they partner with?

Delta options all seem to involve a further stop in DTW/MSP/ATL.
Yep, one of my party is heading to NYC, I'd take the SFO stop. But If I just wanted to book the NRT-SFO, I can't - prob bc as you say, it's prob a flight offered as part of an award release different than the ones I need for the VS/NH redemption.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by DesperateDan
Booking opens 331 days out at 7am UK time.

This is a handy website to calculate when the 331 date is: Calculator: Add to or subtract from a date (timeanddate.com)
Good to know - 331 days before July 12, 7am UK time then. That's August 14 11pm Pacific.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 11:23 am

Good to know - 331 days before July 12, 7am UK time then. That's August 14 11pm Pacific.
Just to let you know there's 2 x First NRT-SFO showing on Lifemiles on the 12th, so looks promising for you (assuming you want/can do First, unfortunately there's no business showing)
tripmaster likes this.

Last edited by DesperateDan; Aug 8, 2021 at 11:39 am
Old Aug 8, 2021, 2:03 pm

I shall (or my wife and son shall) suffer! :-D
DesperateDan likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by DesperateDan
Just to let you know there's 2 x First NRT-SFO showing on Lifemiles on the 12th, so looks promising for you (assuming you want/can do First, unfortunately there's no business showing)
So United has access to NH award inventory before Virgin, then? I see NH awards popping up searching United!
Old Aug 10, 2021, 7:42 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
So United has access to NH award inventory before Virgin, then? I see NH awards popping up searching United!
Yes
tripmaster likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 10:19 am

United shows availability at 337 days and Lifemiles shows (fairly reliable) availability at 355 days out.
tripmaster likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.