Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2018, 10:35 am

Have you considered flying out of Chicago (ORD)? There is plenty of availability for two F tickets in October. It's a pretty quick jaunt from JFK. I know its not "direct," but it would be a great alternative.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by jmj10
Have you considered flying out of Chicago (ORD)? There is plenty of availability for two F tickets in October. It's a pretty quick jaunt from JFK. I know its not "direct," but it would be a great alternative.
Such a good idea! I'm on the phone with Virgin Atlantic customer service right now. She's literally searching all of October and November for availability. Fingers crossed!! Thanks so much everyone!
Old Feb 25, 2018, 8:39 pm

Got two first class tickets on ANA finally! Open jaw, ORD to NRT and returning NRT to JFK. Ended up being the perfect itinerary, as we leave from O'Hare just after the weekend of my college reunion in Illinois. Thanks for all the help!
Old Feb 26, 2018, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Can ANA awards be booked one way.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 5:03 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by sks303
Got two first class tickets on ANA finally! Open jaw, ORD to NRT and returning NRT to JFK. Ended up being the perfect itinerary, as we leave from O'Hare just after the weekend of my college reunion in Illinois. Thanks for all the help!
glad it worked out for you
Old Feb 26, 2018, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by sks303
Such a good idea! I'm on the phone with Virgin Atlantic customer service right now. She's literally searching all of October and November for availability. Fingers crossed!! Thanks so much everyone!
Glad it worked out! We're flying ANA F from ORD-HND then NRT-ORD in November. Driving from Boston, dropping the dog off with the grandparents and off we go. Enjoy!
Old Feb 26, 2018, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Can ANA awards be booked one way.
Not with VS miles, no but you can do open jaws.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 9:05 am

Just a heads up, if you change the dates usually VS doesn't ticket it properly. I've had one where there was no ticket attached. And another one the validity of the ticket was incorrect. Both did get solved at the airport though, thanks to the wonderful and tenacious NH agents.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 5:47 pm

Ugh, trying to book 2 F in December, returning right before the new year with nothing showing up on the return. Grr.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 4:47 pm

Is it possible to book F class from JFK/BOS-NRT then ICN-BOS?

JFK is an optional airport if ANA doesn’t have award for Boston. But would prefer to have the return flight to Boston. I understand I’ll have to buy my own ticket from NRT-ICN.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 11:57 pm

Trying to find TRUE availability

Hi there, I currently have 1 F ticket LAX-NRT (28 APR) with a return HND-LAX (12 MAY) and 1 ticket for my wife in Y, same itinerary, both which i used VS miles for. I am trying to change her flight to J just on the outbound because i see availability. Expert Flyer shows a seat, as does ANA's own site. However, when i call VS they cant see it and i also see nothing on UA website. I really don't want to call Virgin every day and go through the entire process. I thought maybe they were only looking one way, which ANA doesnt allow for awards, but did some hypothetical round trips with my outbound with other dates where j was open and still nothing! Any ideas on where else to look to see true J availability or anything else i should say to the Virgin reps when i call?

Thanks!
Old Mar 16, 2018, 12:28 am

I’m trying to put together a RT itinerary for LAX-TYO in F, but there’s only award space for the outbound flight. VS (snd ANA) doesn’t allow OW bookings so how can I use these miles? If the return flight is in Y, is the total cost in miles half F and half Y? Or do I pay for the whole trip in F and do a voluntary downgrade to Y and hope F opens up?
Old Mar 16, 2018, 1:38 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I’m trying to put together a RT itinerary for LAX-TYO in F, but there’s only award space for the outbound flight. VS (snd ANA) doesn’t allow OW bookings so how can I use these miles? If the return flight is in Y, is the total cost in miles half F and half Y? Or do I pay for the whole trip in F and do a voluntary downgrade to Y and hope F opens up?
You pay the F price round trip and pray. You can see from my post above yours i am looking to do half/half for my wife. Prepared to suck it up, but still hoping for even that! This is still a good deal but not easy! be diligent.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 3:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by justlizz
Hi there, I currently have 1 F ticket LAX-NRT (28 APR) with a return HND-LAX (12 MAY) and 1 ticket for my wife in Y, same itinerary, both which i used VS miles for. I am trying to change her flight to J just on the outbound because i see availability. Expert Flyer shows a seat, as does ANA's own site. However, when i call VS they cant see it and i also see nothing on UA website. I really don't want to call Virgin every day and go through the entire process. I thought maybe they were only looking one way, which ANA doesnt allow for awards, but did some hypothetical round trips with my outbound with other dates where j was open and still nothing! Any ideas on where else to look to see true J availability or anything else i should say to the Virgin reps when i call?

Thanks!
ANA are in Star Alliance. Many people seem to use the United Airlines site to check for reward availability on *A carriers. May be worth a try!
Old Mar 16, 2018, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by linhie
Is it possible to book F class from JFK/BOS-NRT then ICN-BOS?

JFK is an optional airport if ANA doesn’t have award for Boston. But would prefer to have the return flight to Boston. I understand I’ll have to buy my own ticket from NRT-ICN.
ANA doesn't have a route with Boston, so I'm not sure that would be possible. Possibly through a partner airline, but not through on ANA through Virgin Atlantic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.