Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2018, 2:17 pm

Anyone have any guesses for when another VS transfer bonus from Citi or Amex is coming back? I'm hoping to book SFO-NRT in F, NRT-MNL in biz for wife and I.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 8:05 am

Need Advice on using Virgin Atlantic Miles to Japan/HK/Beijing

Hi guys,

I've read a lot about how using Virgin Atlantic Miles can be a good value for booking All Nippon Airways tickets to Japan from the US. However, can this also be combined with stopovers/open Jaws so that I can also see Hong Kong/Beijing?

Our (2 people) itinerary would be JFK-NRT (NYC-Tokyo), stopover for 3 days. then take train to Kyoto/Osaka. Fly out of one of those 2 cities then fly to Hong Kong (HKG) stay there for a few days, then fly to Beijing, stay there for a few days, and then fly home.

Does anyone know if this possible with Virgin Atlantic Miles and what the cost would be? Is it extra vs. just flying to Japan round trip?

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 10:09 am

Sorry, complete newbie here, trying to find something for LHR-HND on ANA, with 2 F class tickets. I think i'm using the united website properly and cant find anything when flying direct. Anyone able to give me advice, or double check please?
Old Feb 11, 2018, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by Advocatus Diaboli
Sorry, complete newbie here, trying to find something for LHR-HND on ANA, with 2 F class tickets. I think i'm using the united website properly and cant find anything when flying direct. Anyone able to give me advice, or double check please?
When I was looking for flights from Heathrow-Haneda/Narita a few months back, I literally could find no days where 2 seats were available for the whole of 2018. Plenty of days where 1 seat was available; I think ANA must generally only release 1 ticket in J/F class per day from London.

What I ended up doing is detouring to the US for a few days before as there’s so much more availability from/to US airports. So if you’re planning on making a big trip to Japan, maybe consider cashing in some of your VS miles to a US city then travel on to Japan from there. We decided to spend some time in DC, but you could travel straight on from the US to Tokyo and book everything with VS on one ticket.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 12:39 am

Thanks for that - genius idea. Already found tickets (I think from NYC) - the taxes are half that from LHR, and the base ticket is more, so I feel like i'm getting more for my money.

Is the ANA F actually worth it, it doesnt look much compared to an SQ Suite.....
Old Feb 12, 2018, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by Advocatus Diaboli
Thanks for that - genius idea. Already found tickets (I think from NYC) - the taxes are half that from LHR, and the base ticket is more, so I feel like i'm getting more for my money.

Is the ANA F actually worth it, it doesnt look much compared to an SQ Suite.....
Yeah the taxes from the US are much cheaper than London. Regarding ANA F class, read up about it online. It might not look as swanky as other airlines, but it’s supposed to be a truly excellent product. For the days we wanted, we could only find J out and F return. But for an extra 25,000 Miles pp (F compared to J) and basically no difference in taxes, it looks very much worth it. Check out the difference in cash fare prices between the 2 classes on ANA’s website too; that extra 25,000 miles is a bit of a no brainer!
Old Feb 13, 2018, 9:03 am

Guys, VS chart for NH only goes up to 22k miles in distance. For longer journey, say JFK-TYO-SYD, which would clock in at 23.5k miles, does anyone know how many miles it'll cost in J and F?

Thanks!
Old Feb 13, 2018, 1:47 pm

Programs: VS Gold
Originally Posted by gtu2004
Guys, VS chart for NH only goes up to 22k miles in distance. For longer journey, say JFK-TYO-SYD, which would clock in at 23.5k miles, does anyone know how many miles it'll cost in J and F?

Thanks!
Are you sure you're reading the same chart as I am? Looking at the NH earn/spend page on the VS website (here) the chart seems to do it by origin-destination rather than by distance?
Old Feb 14, 2018, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by gtu2004

Thanks!
They charge for each segment. If you have a connection then that connection will be another award. JFK-TYO one award then TYO-SYD another award.
Jma12 likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 11:30 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ned
How far out can you book ANA award tickets using VS miles. ANA makes awards available 354 days out. Is this possible or are we limited to VS’s 330 days? Thanks
I'm wondering this as well -- can anyone help based on recent experience?

I'm seeing 2x F award seats available on NH site for a date that just opened up in their 354-day window -- will VS see them?

And if so, based on recent experience, are they likely to see both of those seats -- or just one?

Thank you for any help!
Old Feb 16, 2018, 5:15 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Think they see it 330 days out.
used United to check (that is what they see)
Old Feb 16, 2018, 1:44 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by blitzen
Think they see it 330 days out.
used United to check (that is what they see)
That's very helpful -- thank you!
Old Feb 24, 2018, 10:41 am

ANA Award Flight for October '08 - Am I Too Late?

Hello, I'm looking to book an award flight for business/first class on ANA through Virgin Atlantic's flying club partnership with them. Flying from JFK to TYO. However, I've tried every way to find available award seats for this coming October and nothing seems available. I've even looked for next January and I don't see anything. Is this just one of those programs that's hard to find availability for? Am I trying way too late at this point? It seems difficult to find award seats for either ANA or JAL. Considering business class on Korean Air, but that's not a direct flight and it costs more points for not as great a product. I have close to 400,000 points via Chase Ultimate Awards.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 12:58 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by sks303
Hello, I'm looking to book an award flight for business/first class on ANA through Virgin Atlantic's flying club partnership with them. Flying from JFK to TYO. However, I've tried every way to find available award seats for this coming October and nothing seems available. I've even looked for next January and I don't see anything. Is this just one of those programs that's hard to find availability for? Am I trying way too late at this point? It seems difficult to find award seats for either ANA or JAL. Considering business class on Korean Air, but that's not a direct flight and it costs more points for not as great a product. I have close to 400,000 points via Chase Ultimate Awards.
Just checked United for a random date 1/9 to 1/16 and two First Saver Tickets show without problems.....
Old Feb 24, 2018, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by blitzen
Just checked United for a random date 1/9 to 1/16 and two First Saver Tickets show without problems.....
Yeah I see there are a few potential seat for a shorter trip than I'd like to take. Looking to spend around 18 days in Japan. I'm more curious if most ANA reward seats for this fall will most likely be gone. Would love to visit Japan this year if at all possible!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.