Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2021, 1:21 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by cfischer
I have tried to search this thread, but I am not sure I got this all correct. Thanks for everyone's help
- I transfer Amex MR to my existing VS account - that should not be a problem, name matches exactly
- Now, I want to buy a ticket for my father (to join me on a Japan trip). I-class is available FRA-HND-FRA. Will there be any problem booking that 'for him'?
- Now even more complicated. For my wife SFO-HND-ORD I can get the outbound in I and the return in O. That's possible, correct?

So that 95k Miles from the FRA trip and then 107.5k from the US one? Did I get that correct?
No issues for the transfer.

Yes, you are able to book for someone else.

You are now also now able to book one ways for half the cost of a round trip, so booking SFO-HND in one booking class and HND-ORD in another is also possible, but I'm not sure if you are able to book that as a single round trip ticket.
Old May 17, 2021, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Dave510
No issues for the transfer.

Yes, you are able to book for someone else.

You are now also now able to book one ways for half the cost of a round trip, so booking SFO-HND in one booking class and HND-ORD in another is also possible, but I'm not sure if you are able to book that as a single round trip ticket.
thank you!
Old May 20, 2021, 4:26 am

Morning All, just a brief post to update/confirm what has been said previously on this thread.

A couple of weeks ago I managed to book two First Class reward tickets from LHR-HND on two consecutive dates. This was done just after 7am UK time and was 331 days from the departure dates. Both agents were very good and completed the bookings in a short time period. Interestingly, with my first booking, the award flight was only showing available on Aeroplan not United or Expert Flyer.

Today I booked return flights in Business Class from HND-FRA (again 331 days out, 7am UK time). These were effortlessly added to my existing booking codes and, aside from the additional (expected) miles and taxes, there were no extra charges.

Apart from the first booking the rest were all showing on United/Aeroplan/EF.
CosmicGirl and Antony Jackson like this.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by Dave510
Likely not yet released, but ex-TYO fares tend to get booked up very quickly (much more so than ex-USA) so I would pay close attention in 2 weeks or so (no point checking too soon, as you are not able to book via VA until 330 days out anyways).
Man you weren't kidding about ex-TYO. Already booked an outbound for mid April but there's nothing coming back to LAX/SFO for the entire second half of April. What gives? Any recommendation? Should I just push out my trip? I hate to pay another $50 to VS.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by DesperateDan
Morning All, just a brief post to update/confirm what has been said previously on this thread.

A couple of weeks ago I managed to book two First Class reward tickets from LHR-HND on two consecutive dates. This was done just after 7am UK time and was 331 days from the departure dates. Both agents were very good and completed the bookings in a short time period. Interestingly, with my first booking, the award flight was only showing available on Aeroplan not United or Expert Flyer.

Today I booked return flights in Business Class from HND-FRA (again 331 days out, 7am UK time). These were effortlessly added to my existing booking codes and, aside from the additional (expected) miles and taxes, there were no extra charges.

Apart from the first booking the rest were all showing on United/Aeroplan/EF.
Nicely done! Am looking for early May, same airports etc
Wonder how / why Aeroplan showed them first......
Old Jun 3, 2021, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by buildingcredit
Man you weren't kidding about ex-TYO. Already booked an outbound for mid April but there's nothing coming back to LAX/SFO for the entire second half of April. What gives? Any recommendation? Should I just push out my trip? I hate to pay another $50 to VS.
ANA members booking all the tickets before they even become available to partners, most likely.

You also have Japan’s ‘Golden Week’ at the end of April going into May 2022, so lots of people travelling.... whether that’s to escape Golden Week, who knows!

I’ve definitely noticed a change in availability across routes in the past 2 months - people becoming more confident about travel, perhaps.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 8:06 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
I am looking at booking JFK TYO LHR in F for 120k VA (been a long time since last flying international F so trying to take the long way to London)- are vaccinated US citizens allowed to at least transit TYO airports ?
Old Jun 3, 2021, 8:37 am

Not currently, is my understanding
Mauibaby2008 likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 11:00 am

Losing 6 Delta One flights (June 12-30 2021) ATL to HND direct. Doubtful if I can get Delta to rebook for a future date (due to the devaluation) and can't find any Delta One availability anyway. So started checking ANA Houston to HND for Business or First class and the award chart shows seats available then when I click through they are only waitlisted. Have tried a variety of dates and 1,2 or 3 passengers in business or first and I can't find anything.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by Gavin Spooner
Losing 6 Delta One flights (June 12-30 2021) ATL to HND direct. Doubtful if I can get Delta to rebook for a future date (due to the devaluation) and can't find any Delta One availability anyway. So started checking ANA Houston to HND for Business or First class and the award chart shows seats available then when I click through they are only waitlisted. Have tried a variety of dates and 1,2 or 3 passengers in business or first and I can't find anything.
It looks like ANA only schedule a 787 on this route, as far as I can discern (although I haven’t gone through every single date!) so you won’t find any F availability (need a 777-300 or their A380-800 for F).

So focus your searches to J.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 11:24 am

using United search is better

Originally Posted by Gavin Spooner
Ok Using United's website is much easier because you can view a month at a time and select direct that includes the ANA flights.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
I am looking at booking JFK TYO LHR in F for 120k VA (been a long time since last flying international F so trying to take the long way to London)- are vaccinated US citizens allowed to at least transit TYO airports ?
If you mean from Narita to Haneda or vice versa, the answer is no. That is not possible. If you mean general transit in one of the airports, the answer is yes. It is just not possible to do an overnight transfer in Narita as the terminal closes. Overnight is possible in Haneda.

​​​​​​
Old Jun 7, 2021, 12:40 pm

If anyone's interested 2 seats in F opened up from JFK on April 19, 2022 and April 27, 2022 today.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 9:31 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CosmicGirl
If anyone's interested 2 seats in F opened up from JFK on April 19, 2022 and April 27, 2022 today.
Thank you! Snagged April 27, released into the wild 2 F JFK-NRT Feb 8th and NRT-JFK Feb 23rd.
DesperateDan and CosmicGirl like this.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 12:13 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Saw 2 F seats HND - JFK available May 11

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.