Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points

Old Jul 16, 20, 6:19 pm
  #1141  
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 11
Originally Posted by AnthonyGT View Post
I just got off a call with VA and the agent could not find the availability I could see online with both ANA's and United's website. The flights were within the 331 days booking window. Is this just a case of HUCA or am I missing something?
I called today twice and they were able to see the united availability!
Warriorconcept is offline  
Old Jul 17, 20, 7:05 am
  #1142  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 10
Got a First and Business return next May with my VA airmiles - Frankfurt to Haneda rather that from Heathrow - but one happy guy.
Starting flights in Glasgow on Lufthansa Business to Frankfurt.
Antony Jackson is offline  
Old Jul 17, 20, 8:06 pm
  #1143  
IHG Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Peoria, IL
Programs: AA,UA,DL,BA,HH,*W,BW
Posts: 110
Originally Posted by sbryans605 View Post
Has anyone had any luck with Virgin holding ANA seats when the outbound opens until the return date opens the following week or so?
I have had VS hold outbound ANA award seats for a week. We were trying to get a return to ORD from KIX. But ANA would not confirm that request. We easily then purchased tickets from Itami/ITM to NRT. NRT return flight to ORD had the seats we needed. Ticketing was completed one week after the initial phone call. I guess it depends on the agent...
not2017 is offline  
Old Jul 18, 20, 2:07 am
  #1144  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 296
Originally Posted by not2017 View Post
I have had VS hold outbound ANA award seats for a week. We were trying to get a return to ORD from KIX. But ANA would not confirm that request. We easily then purchased tickets from Itami/ITM to NRT. NRT return flight to ORD had the seats we needed. Ticketing was completed one week after the initial phone call. I guess it depends on the agent...
I wouldn't count on them holding a seat that long. I called two weeks ago to change our dummy return dates to the real dates, but for some reason one of the tickets wasn't reissued with the other one. After roughly 48 hours ANA dropped the seat from the booking. Luckily, I was keeping track of things so I called right away to get it back. If I hadn't noticed we likely would've been stuck with separate flights as there was only one seat in F, and one in J. Another 40 hours after that it still had not been reissued. I called again and pressed the matter, as I didn't want to lose the seat once more. This agent kept me on hold until it had been reissued but it took 4 calls over 4 days in total to get it done. And mind you, this was not due to an incompetent agent because they were great.
CosmicGirl is offline  
Old Jul 19, 20, 12:09 am
  #1145  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 10
Originally Posted by Warriorconcept View Post
Just got May-June tickets. 1 F round trip, the other F out but economy in. What are the odds of a second F seat becoming available from Narita to JFK? Already set up expert flyer for other dates and combinations but curious as to how slowly availability opens up and how close to the date I can change if it does open. Thanks all!
Was not JFK but last year Expert Flyer found me a F return seat about 3 weeks before travel, so do not give up hope
Antony Jackson is offline  
Old Jul 19, 20, 1:00 am
  #1146  
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 11
Originally Posted by Antony Jackson View Post
Was not JFK but last year Expert Flyer found me a F return seat about 3 weeks before travel, so do not give up hope
Thank you! Ended up just booking 2 F return to ORD to be safe on the same day and setup an alert for 2 F to JFK if they open up. We're based at EWR anyway so honestly a flight from ORD to EWR might be easier than commuting from JFK to NJ...granted it'll likely be on the old cabin!
Warriorconcept is offline  
Old Jul 20, 20, 10:07 pm
  #1147  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 2
Originally Posted by joachimm View Post
Booked 3 First Class ORD-NRT/HND-ORD tickets in March 2021! I had sent an SMS but did not get a reply so I decided to wait up for the 2:00AM EDT open and I'm glad I did. Thanks to all the contributors to this thread. What a thrill, hopefully we can actually go without threat of 14 day quarantine- it's only a 14 day trip .
Congratulations!! I had 2 tickets (with an infant) for Feb this year in F which I dint make. I am now looking to book a trip next year but now my infant is a toddler and will need a full seat lol.
How difficult was it to search and find 3 seats? I honestly don't mind if its J or F (either will be ok for us). Any tips or suggestions that helped you?
So excited for you guys
fafman is offline  
Old Jul 21, 20, 12:19 am
  #1148  
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 11
Originally Posted by Antony Jackson View Post
Was not JFK but last year Expert Flyer found me a F return seat about 3 weeks before travel, so do not give up hope
You're a prophet, somehow found 2 F in return to JFK for a day earlier which is honestly fine. Paid the change fee and good to go. FYI, there is now 2 F from NRT to ORD in the wild for June 11th!
Warriorconcept is offline  
Old Jul 21, 20, 12:20 am
  #1149  
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 11
Originally Posted by fafman View Post
Congratulations!! I had 2 tickets (with an infant) for Feb this year in F which I dint make. I am now looking to book a trip next year but now my infant is a toddler and will need a full seat lol.
How difficult was it to search and find 3 seats? I honestly don't mind if its J or F (either will be ok for us). Any tips or suggestions that helped you?
So excited for you guys
Best thing to do is get a subscription with expertflyer and set up alerts, they will email you when your criteria pops up (ie: 3 F or 3 J)
Warriorconcept is offline  
Old Jul 27, 20, 7:04 am
  #1150  
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 3
Just booked 2 F tickets from ORD June 2021 via text message. I had the same June 2020 trip cancelled, and I converted it to an open ticket to try to avoid the $100 fee rather than cancelling and rebooking. For some reason they couldn't see the same return availability as me but they could see one day prior so booked it to hold it for now. I had paid about $350 per ticket in taxes/fees. I inquired if it was lower now, and they said it was about $50 per ticket now, so they issued me a refund, which will take up to 120 days to receive.
w00ter11 is offline  
Old Jul 27, 20, 8:16 am
  #1151  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: PHX
Programs: US CP; AA LTG; HH Dia; SPG Plat; Marriott Gold
Posts: 4,453
I have two tickets booked for October and I am not going to take the trip. I texted this weekend to have the miles refunded and they want to charge me $100. The fights had changed from NRT to HND a few months ago which I hoped would allow me a free redeposit. But they say that since I didnít call in right away when the flight changed I am deemed to have accepted it. It really seems wrong that they are demanding to take $100 in new money while telling me the $550 in taxes can take 120 days, and they also are still holding a refund from a different flight since April.

One of the legs is IAH to HND, which ANA has been suspending month to month on a rolling basis, so I think there is still some chance that it will cancel and I can get a free redeposit. How long can I let this go? Can I wait right up until the flight to cancel and redeposit for a fee? I canít seem to see anything in the terms.

Alternatively, I want to try this trip again in October 2021. Availability wonít open for a while and certainly not until after I have to cancel this trip. Is there a way for me to cancel this ticket, leave it open, use for 10/21 if I find availability, but redeposit the miles if I do not? Does it have to be the exact same itinerary?
lkar is offline  
Old Jul 27, 20, 12:58 pm
  #1152  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SFO
Programs: A3 *G; HH Diamond;
Posts: 1,548
Originally Posted by lkar View Post
I have two tickets booked for October and I am not going to take the trip. I texted this weekend to have the miles refunded and they want to charge me $100. The fights had changed from NRT to HND a few months ago which I hoped would allow me a free redeposit. But they say that since I didnít call in right away when the flight changed I am deemed to have accepted it. It really seems wrong that they are demanding to take $100 in new money while telling me the $550 in taxes can take 120 days, and they also are still holding a refund from a different flight since April.

One of the legs is IAH to HND, which ANA has been suspending month to month on a rolling basis, so I think there is still some chance that it will cancel and I can get a free redeposit. How long can I let this go? Can I wait right up until the flight to cancel and redeposit for a fee? I canít seem to see anything in the terms.

Alternatively, I want to try this trip again in October 2021. Availability wonít open for a while and certainly not until after I have to cancel this trip. Is there a way for me to cancel this ticket, leave it open, use for 10/21 if I find availability, but redeposit the miles if I do not? Does it have to be the exact same itinerary?
Just need to cancel T-24hr.
there are no changes at all within 24 hours of departure (you can cancel for $50 but you won't get your miles back, just the taxes paid).
lkar likes this.
geclub1 is offline  
Old Jul 28, 20, 10:39 am
  #1153  
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: SEA
Programs: Delta Silver, Alaska Mileage Plan
Posts: 24
Curious if anyone has any intel or advice on ANA only releasing 1 seat at some airports, but more seats at other airports on the same aircraft (777).

I'm trying to book 2 F/C or 2 B/C award tickets out of SFO or LAX to Tokyo next June (2021). As of today, only 1 seat is available out of SFO or LAX every day in June until June 23, 2021 in either class, but when I check ORD, IAH, or IAD, there are 2 tickets available in each class practically every day until June 23rd (using United to search availability). I have checked this trend for the last week, and out of SFO/LAX, they only release one seat in each class everyday.

Anyone know if this is a new trend or if more seats get released later down the road? Any advice?
Matthew787 is offline  
Old Jul 28, 20, 10:47 am
  #1154  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: DFW
Posts: 189
Originally Posted by Matthew787 View Post
Curious if anyone has any intel or advice on ANA only releasing 1 seat at some airports, but more seats at other airports on the same aircraft (777).

I'm trying to book 2 F/C or 2 B/C award tickets out of SFO or LAX to Tokyo next June (2021). As of today, only 1 seat is available out of SFO or LAX every day in June until June 23, 2021 in either class, but when I check ORD, IAH, or IAD, there are 2 tickets available in each class practically every day until June 23rd (using United to search availability). I have checked this trend for the last week, and out of SFO/LAX, they only release one seat in each class everyday.

Anyone know if this is a new trend or if more seats get released later down the road? Any advice?
I haven't been able to find a really discernible pattern. Chicago, Houston, and DC are the only airports where I have consistently found two seats. SFO tends to be one of the airports where I've typically found two seats on quite a few dates, but June is a peak month so they may only be releasing one daily seat then.

I also thought it was pretty much impossible to get two First class to New York, but I was able to find a few dates in May that had them a while back so my other half and I are booked in first together on that holy grail route 🤷‍♂️.

Long story short, ANA availability seems to be pretty nuanced, so either searching everyday or paying for expert flyer alerts is probably your best bet.
Matthew787 likes this.
standbyalldtime is offline  
Old Aug 1, 20, 2:24 pm
  #1155  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 28
Does anyone know if there are any plans to be able to book PE awards on ANA using Flying Club?
djsinc is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: