Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2020, 4:46 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
As far as #2 is concerned, a VS rep just told me that if the award costs change, any mileage difference wouldn’t apply to changing an existing booking for the same award type. Anyone know if he just made that up or if there’s precedent here?
There is no way a front line rep could know such a thing. I don't know what the precedent is one way or the other but the past is not necessarily indicative of the future and they could choose to apply any changes in required miles to changes on existing bookings if they wanted to and such a decision would certainly be made at the time the changes are introduced.
Old May 5, 2020, 9:39 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA,UA,DL,BA,HH,*W,BW
That is usually true, if the original ticket allows a change that is within the year period from when the original ticket was issued. But if your change is beyond the 365 days of when the ticket was issued, then you must re-deposit that "ticket/miles" and then a new ticket is issued using whatever mileage costs are at that time.
Old May 6, 2020, 2:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by not2017
That is usually true, if the original ticket allows a change that is within the year period from when the original ticket was issued. But if your change is beyond the 365 days of when the ticket was issued, then you must re-deposit that "ticket/miles" and then a new ticket is issued using whatever mileage costs are at that time.
True. Since many FTers book their ANA flights as soon as the schedule opens, there really is very little margin for pushing the date back...
Old May 6, 2020, 5:28 am

Has anyone had any luck with Virgin holding ANA seats when the outbound opens until the return date opens the following week or so?
Old May 6, 2020, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sbryans605
Has anyone had any luck with Virgin holding ANA seats when the outbound opens until the return date opens the following week or so?
It doesn't work that way. IIRC you can only put ANA flights on hold for a very short period.

You book what you can, then you call back later and pay the change fee to grab your preferred date/cabin.
Old May 7, 2020, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
It doesn't work that way. IIRC you can only put ANA flights on hold for a very short period.

You book what you can, then you call back later and pay the change fee to grab your preferred date/cabin.
Thanks, what time zone is the 331 days based on?
Old May 7, 2020, 9:52 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Thanks, what time zone is the 331 days based on?
It's not a fixed time for all space to become accessible. For example you will see DL space for a given date appear at time X, but if you try to call to book ANA space at that exact time when the agent does a long sell it won't come back confirmed. A few hours later it will.
Old May 8, 2020, 1:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Booked 3 First Class ORD-NRT/HND-ORD tickets in March 2021! I had sent an SMS but did not get a reply so I decided to wait up for the 2:00AM EDT open and I'm glad I did. Thanks to all the contributors to this thread. What a thrill, hopefully we can actually go without threat of 14 day quarantine- it's only a 14 day trip .
Lewis42 and nexusCFX like this.
Old May 11, 2020, 5:28 am

Has anyone noticed that there is no availability showing on United past 4th April 2021?
sonetsst and Tofino87 like this.
Old May 12, 2020, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by joachimm
Booked 3 First Class ORD-NRT/HND-ORD tickets in March 2021! I had sent an SMS but did not get a reply so I decided to wait up for the 2:00AM EDT open and I'm glad I did. Thanks to all the contributors to this thread. What a thrill, hopefully we can actually go without threat of 14 day quarantine- it's only a 14 day trip .
lol, dangit. Now I know why i had so much trouble finding availability as I was moving my May 2020 1st class Japan trip to Mar 2021!

Congrats to you joachimm! Fingers crossed Chicago has the new seats by 2021 for us!
Old May 12, 2020, 4:15 am

Has anyone noticed that there is no availability showing on United past 4th April 2021?
yep
Old May 12, 2020, 4:16 am

Originally Posted by Tofino87
yep
Have asked United/Virgin/ANA but they didn't have any information
Tofino87 likes this.
Old May 12, 2020, 10:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by dantandaman
Congrats to you joachimm! Fingers crossed Chicago has the new seats by 2021 for us!
Yeah I am hoping ANA will upgrade this route to the new product, but I was just happy to get 3 seats. Even 2 open seats is rare and I couldn't see sending my wife and father in law back to biz class :-).
Old May 12, 2020, 11:45 am

Programs: United Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Just booked ORD-HND HND-IAH for my wife and I March 2021!

I’ll see all you guys and gals and the Ritz Carlton Kyoto next March!
Old May 12, 2020, 3:08 pm

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by plc44
Just booked ORD-HND HND-IAH for my wife and I March 2021!

I’ll see all you guys and gals and the Ritz Carlton Kyoto next March!
seems everyone does the same trip more or less

XXX -> TYO -> XXX on ANA F using VS miles then stays at RC Kyoto 😀.

im doing it in November! (Hopefully)
plc44 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.