Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Old Feb 3, 2020, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by frenchie2

What about LAX instead? Delta runs nonstop MEX-LAX, and ANA seems to have more award seats to LAX than SFO, including from NRT? if you get to LAX, both UA and AA have nonstop flight to IAH, vs in SFO only United runs nonstop to IAH. If you do stick with SFO, are there F seat on the NRT-SFO flight which arrives in the morning?
Appreciate the suggestion- I've already got NRT-SFO and NRT/HND-LAX alerts set up on ExpertFlyer.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 2:16 pm

I had trouble receiving confirmation e-mails as well. Did you write down the booking references when you booked? You can search for that on VS website. However, I never received my ANA booking references so I had to ask for them through text.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 2:28 pm

Programs: Chase, Amex, SWA, UAL, DAL
You can search via e-ticket number on ANA's site, and VS's site will show you the numbers when you bring up the booking. This is a roundabout way to find the ANA booking reference.
chinatown likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 2:46 pm

FlugE were you ever able to sort out the extra points? I still have mine in my account though I've been reassured that it should be fine
Old Feb 4, 2020, 1:06 pm

Trying to find IAD availability to no avail. However, I did find (let's say) ORD-TYO w/ a return of TYO-IAD.

I'd need to position to ORD but would be nervous of not making it there and missing the flight to TYO. Would VA be able to book an economy leg from IAD-ORD and have it all be on one itinerary (IAD-ORD-TYO / TYO-IAD)?

Edited to add: Ignore cost here as I'm willing to pay the incremental cost, just want the safety of the single ticket.

Last edited by pateljay89; Feb 4, 2020 at 2:09 pm Reason: Addition
Old Feb 4, 2020, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by Tutorial
FlugE were you ever able to sort out the extra points? I still have mine in my account though I've been reassured that it should be fine
I still have all points in my account.
Tutorial likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by pateljay89
Trying to find IAD availability to no avail. However, I did find (let's say) ORD-TYO w/ a return of TYO-IAD.

I'd need to position to ORD but would be nervous of not making it there and missing the flight to TYO. Would VA be able to book an economy leg from IAD-ORD and have it all be on one itinerary (IAD-ORD-TYO / TYO-IAD)?

Edited to add: Ignore cost here as I'm willing to pay the incremental cost, just want the safety of the single ticket.
You can't put award and cash flights on the same ticket.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 5:44 pm

I have a question regarding the fare class. I was able to book two F seats LAX-NRT mostly painlessly. For reasons that are beyond to scope of my question, the two seats ended up being separate bookings with unique reference numbers. No problem, I just called ANA to link the two together. However, one seat shows the fare class as "First" while the other shows "First:O". What does the latter one mean?
Old Feb 5, 2020, 6:10 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Fortune Wings Club Gold
Originally Posted by thinc
I have a question regarding the fare class. I was able to book two F seats LAX-NRT mostly painlessly. For reasons that are beyond to scope of my question, the two seats ended up being separate bookings with unique reference numbers. No problem, I just called ANA to link the two together. However, one seat shows the fare class as "First" while the other shows "First:O". What does the latter one mean?
Fare class. O is the fare class for F award flights on ANA.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 6:59 am

ANA redemption from Tokyo to Asia Pacific/Oceania?

Random question... I know a big focus of redemptions will be for X-HND routes on ANA when using Virgin Atlantic miles because it represents great value...

Im just wondering if its possible to book TYO-SYD/PER or others too Flying ANA metal? I already have flights to Japan, but would like to have an extended stay and make side trips to places such as; Australia/New Zealand/Hawaii/Fiji etc whilst Im in the neighbourhood (ok, theyre nowhere near, but Japan is certainly closer to these than the Uk!)

Any information on miles required etc appreciated, prefer to travel in F or J, thank you all.

Last edited by Tofino87; Feb 6, 2020 at 7:08 am
Old Feb 6, 2020, 2:14 pm

Programs: JMB, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Tofino87
Random question... I know a big focus of redemptions will be for X-HND routes on ANA when using Virgin Atlantic miles because it represents great value...

Im just wondering if its possible to book TYO-SYD/PER or others too Flying ANA metal? I already have flights to Japan, but would like to have an extended stay and make side trips to places such as; Australia/New Zealand/Hawaii/Fiji etc whilst Im in the neighbourhood (ok, theyre nowhere near, but Japan is certainly closer to these than the Uk!)

Any information on miles required etc appreciated, prefer to travel in F or J, thank you all.
Yes. As stated in the rules from VS, you can book X-TYO-Y, but each sector is charged separately. For getting to Australia from Japan, you're looking at another 90k for J. IIRC there is no F on those routes.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 8:52 am

Id love to try out the new Ana plane but I see very limited JFK flights.

is this all across the board? Or is because Im looking for an early January 2021 flight ?
Old Feb 12, 2020, 12:31 pm

If I want to fly out on 12/31 of next year and there is F availability, can I call VS and place a hold for 12/31 in F and then (for example) 1/4 in Economy and then keep rolling my hold until my target return date is available for booking (ANA shows availability)?

For example, I'd hold 12/31 F over and over and economy on 1/4 until 1/12 opens up and then change my hold immediately to that flight in F assuming ANA still shows availability. Is this possible?
Old Feb 12, 2020, 5:25 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
If I want to fly out on 12/31 of next year and there is F availability, can I call VS and place a hold for 12/31 in F and then (for example) 1/4 in Economy and then keep rolling my hold until my target return date is available for booking (ANA shows availability)?

For example, I'd hold 12/31 F over and over and economy on 1/4 until 1/12 opens up and then change my hold immediately to that flight in F assuming ANA still shows availability. Is this possible?
dont use ANA to check but United
VS charges for date changes
is it possible yes - probable ..... you will find out
Old Feb 12, 2020, 5:34 pm

an issue with this plan is that you can only hold for 24 hours and each time it gets removed and into the system you risk someone booking.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.