Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2019, 9:19 am

Programs: AS MVPG, UA Silver, Marriott + SPG Gold, Global Entry
Just dropped my dummy booking to NRT so two F seats should be back in the system from SFO-NRT on 11/9/2020, jump on it. P.S. been using the text booking feature and it's been great so far!
Old Dec 20, 2019, 3:21 am

One-ways on ANA using Atlantic miles

Hi All

Can you now book one-way awards on ANA when using Atlantic miles or can you still only book round trip awards?
Old Dec 20, 2019, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by aaronyu
Hi All

Can you now book one-way awards on ANA when using Atlantic miles or can you still only book round trip awards?
https://www.virginatlantic.com/us/en...n-airways.html
Old Dec 20, 2019, 8:45 pm

Petdog I ALREADY KNOW the award chart for Virgin says only round trips on ANA so your response is USELESS

I was specifically asking if ONE-WAY awards are now allowed because on the website Loyaltylobby they mentioned successfully booking a one-way award FRA-HND in F for 60K miles
Old Dec 20, 2019, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Petdog I ALREADY KNOW the award chart for Virgin says only round trips on ANA so your response is USELESS

I was specifically asking if ONE-WAY awards are now allowed because on the website Loyaltylobby they mentioned successfully booking a one-way award FRA-HND in F for 60K miles
If you expect a different answer than the one you got initially, you would have wanted to expand the question to the level of information in your second post on the topic

Maybe even have included the link.

https://loyaltylobby.com/2019/12/15/...ng-club-miles/
Petdog, IndyHoosier and spicymochi like this.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
If you expect a different answer than the one you got initially, you would have wanted to expand the question to the level of information in your second post on the topic

Maybe even have included the link.

https://loyaltylobby.com/2019/12/15/...ng-club-miles/
Wow, aaronyu , what a needlessly unpleasant response to someone who was trying to help you.

In addition to everything CPH-Flyer wisely suggested, have you contacted VS? Asking the actual authority (i.e., the airline) is more definitive than anything you will find on this or any forum.

If by contacting VS you confirm that one-way awards are now possible, that's a big deal and something this community would be grateful to hear about. Please share your findings.

If VS says one-way awards are not possible, perhaps try a second agent. You might even reach out to the original blogger. And you might then come back to this forum, explain the inconsistency, and see if anyone can offer further insight.

Best of luck.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 1:03 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....

The question was your first post and the insult your 2nd ...... good luck on flyertalk
https://onemileatatime.com/virgin-at...m=BoardingArea
Old Dec 21, 2019, 1:52 pm
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
Originally Posted by Petdog
....... what a needlessly unpleasant response to someone who was trying to help you......
I concur OP has been advised.

Nick
Petdog, cruisr, ankomonkey and 2 others like this.
Old Dec 22, 2019, 12:40 pm

Out of curiosity, I texted VS:

Old Dec 22, 2019, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Oh, seriously??
Old Dec 26, 2019, 3:59 pm

Silly question but I've been unable to find an answer - if I booked through VS for the ANA flight, do we have access to the ANA lounges? Again - sorry for the noob question
Old Dec 26, 2019, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by spicymochi
Silly question but I've been unable to find an answer - if I booked through VS for the ANA flight, do we have access to the ANA lounges? Again - sorry for the noob question
Yes
spicymochi likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Yes
We figured so, based on a lot of the conversations that we'd been reading- thank you for the confirmation
Old Dec 27, 2019, 2:33 pm

Hi. super lurker here

Has anyone had issues paying through their text chat? I was able to pay and get my confirmation within minutes when I booked my departing/dummy return flight, but when I was finally able to finagle two return flights (on diff days) the $100 in fees is causing all sorts of issues. I had two cards decline (the issuer says its not on their end and they cant even see declines) and the third one has been processing for 5 hours or so now. The amazing rep who patiently sat through my rambling and figured everything out for me even started off by saying something like "this might decline."

A couple of other reps have reassured me that my seats should be held for the 24-48 hr processing time, but my google fu isnt bringing up anything about how long it generally takes to change flights and pay. I think I saw something earlier about a queue since everything is manually inputted?

tldr; waiting for flight change, had some payment issues. do I have anything to worry about? lol

edit: nvm. the sleeplessness had gotten over me and I worried about nothing. The third charges finally went through

edit 2 to save space:
Originally Posted by FlugE
Wonder if the points were deducted but then returned automagically when the first payment didn't go through? Either way I'm considering these points as lost if they will (rightfully) be deducted again at some point in time. Anyone else with data points regarding "free" points bookings with VS?
my points for the upgrade that were initially taken out (and then returned when my cards were declined) are still in my account even after the flight change fees finally went through
FlugE likes this.

Last edited by Tutorial; Dec 27, 2019 at 9:53 pm
Old Jan 3, 2020, 6:44 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Just had to change an F award but looks like the seat I cancelled went back into award inventory — if anyone is looking for an F seat to JFK in late March/early April NH10 NRT-JFK on March 28 is currently O1

Flight change process was completely painless over the phone (however have yet to receive new receipt/itinerary in my email and $50 fee hasn't posted to my CC, but the booking looks fine/ticketed on VS and NH). Managed to grab an F seat on HND-JFK exactly 331 days out (somehow UA and expertflyer weren't showing the space but OZ was and VS could as well). Also NRT-JFK on 11/30/20 had 2 F seats open a few hours ago (so NH does release 2F sometimes!) but both got taken very quickly

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.