Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2019, 3:02 pm

Yes, technical issues. But you can still search for availability on Aeroplan coupled with ExpertFlyer.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 2:00 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
The search seems to be working again

https://loyaltylobby.com/2019/03/01/...s/?omhide=true
Old Mar 16, 2019, 9:02 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
Hello all,

before I pick up the phone and call VS to book NH tickets, I have a few questions. If anyone could help would be greatly appreciated.

Q1 If I read the T&C correctly, I have to pay for connecting flights separately. Therefore LHR-HND would be the only viable option from the UK for example. But something like LHR-DUS-NRT or MAN-FRA-HND would not be a good option as I would be charged extra Miles on the euro leg. Is that correct? (I would much prefer to fly from a Midlands airport if possible)

Q2 When redeeming a VS award flight with NH, is the price influenced by High Season/Low Season or not? VS website only lists 120k for F as a flat fare, but for example NH treats 18 dec~6 jan as High Season. So would you pay more than 120k for a flight starting in late december?

Q3 I've actually never flown with VS... I created a FC card with the intent of transferring Amex miles and getting a NH award flight. I may have to top up the balance a little by purchasing a few thousand Miles. Does anyone see a problem unfolding with this plan? Or is this going to go smooth as butter?

Q4 If I understood correctly, all I need to do is check for LHR-HND availability on Aeroplan, and if NH availability is shown, I am guaranteed to be able to get the reward flight, is that correct?

Q5 For reference, do you know the approximate fuel surcharge/tax paid for an award flight from LHR in F and/or J ?

Thanks in advance for your time.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 11:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Fortune Wings Club Gold
Q1: Correct

Q2: Not influenced by high/low season

Q3: No problems are likely

Q4: Usually yes. You can cross-reference by checking on united.com as well. You can also call VS before you transfer/buy miles and ask them directly to check the availability.

Q5: No clue. Check out the fuel surcharge on the flight on the ITA matrix and add about $100 in fees.
Maestro Ramen likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 5:33 am

i am thinking of transferring ultimate rewards to virgin, can somebody tell me how many miles it would take to fly business on ANA RT from US to Thailand? West or east coast.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by bernyx
i am thinking of transferring ultimate rewards to virgin, can somebody tell me how many miles it would take to fly business on ANA RT from US to Thailand? West or east coast.
They have their chart on their website VS ANA chart

You have to split it into two different flights the US to Tokyo flight and Tokyo to Bangkok leg. So for the first leg ORD/JFK is 95k RT , and for west coast its 90k. Tokyo to BKK its 65k. You are going to need at least 155k if my math is correct.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by cm007d

They have their chart on their website VS ANA chart

You have to split it into two different flights the US to Tokyo flight and Tokyo to Bangkok leg. So for the first leg ORD/JFK is 95k RT , and for west coast its 90k. Tokyo to BKK its 65k. You are going to need at least 155k if my math is correct.
thanks, would you happen to know how many miles on Delta it would take, for a one way?
Old Mar 17, 2019, 2:15 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
You can go to https://www.delta.com/ and select "Pay with Miles", with Delta there is too much difference it's not a flat fare like Virgin so it's impossible to tell you unless you search for the exact date. Quick search suggests you're in for 225k Miles minimum for 1way.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 10:24 pm

Hi all. I recently did a booking on ANA thru VS... and I have what might be a dumb question but here goes.

I am simply trying to confirm that my reservation is ticketed, but I cannot seem to figure out how.

When I view my reservation on the ANA website with either the (ANA) confirmation code sent to me from ANA or with the (VS) eTicket sent to me from VS, the booking reference page does not say anything about the status being ticketed.

Shouldn't I have received a eTicket from ANA? They say their eTickets start with 205, I do not have any eTicket I know of with a number starting in 205. How can I find this?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by quitecryptic
Hi all. I recently did a booking on ANA thru VS... and I have what might be a dumb question but here goes.

I am simply trying to confirm that my reservation is ticketed, but I cannot seem to figure out how.

When I view my reservation on the ANA website with either the (ANA) confirmation code sent to me from ANA or with the (VS) eTicket sent to me from VS, the booking reference page does not say anything about the status being ticketed.

Shouldn't I have received a eTicket from ANA? They say their eTickets start with 205, I do not have any eTicket I know of with a number starting in 205. How can I find this?
Since your reservation was made through Virgin Atlantic you won't get an eticket from ANA. Your Virgin Atlantic e-Ticket confirmation email is your ticket and as long as you have that then your reservation is ticketed (the eticket number should be in this email). Also it sounds like your flight shows up on the ANA website as well with the ANA confirmation code so you are good to go.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 7:26 pm

I saw some availability on United, but when I called VS they said there was no availability? I looked for Feb 10th, which shows J, but VS says no bueno?

NM, looked at wrong location.

Last edited by agrippa04; Mar 22, 2019 at 7:31 pm Reason: looked at wrong date
Old Mar 27, 2019, 12:37 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
I'm seeking advice about a particular itinerary, and want to make sure that I understand the situation I would face if I tried to use Virgin points for an ANA redemption.

I want to take an itinerary from HKG to HNL.

If I am correct in my reading of previous posts, this one-way trip would not be possible, and that in fact only round trips are bookable?

Furthermore, if I correctly understand the situation, an itinerary with a connection would mean that I would have to purchase two awards, i.e., HKG-TYO and TYO-HNL?

Many thanks for your assessment.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 747FC
I'm seeking advice about a particular itinerary, and want to make sure that I understand the situation I would face if I tried to use Virgin points for an ANA redemption.

I want to take an itinerary from HKG to HNL.

If I am correct in my reading of previous posts, this one-way trip would not be possible, and that in fact only round trips are bookable?

Furthermore, if I correctly understand the situation, an itinerary with a connection would mean that I would have to purchase two awards, i.e., HKG-TYO and TYO-HNL?

Many thanks for your assessment.
Yes, you'd have to purchase two round-trip rewards. HKG-TYO and TYO-HNL.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 11:33 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Hi,

I think that it is possible but want to make sure .... can I fly
New York - Tokyo and for the return Osaka (or any other "inland" airport) - Tokyo - New York
(on one ticket / using 120k in First)?
Old Mar 27, 2019, 11:59 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Yes, you'd have to purchase two round-trip rewards. HKG-TYO and TYO-HNL.
Thanks. That is was I feared. I will have to consider other transfer options for this one-way trip!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.