Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page > ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points

Old Oct 4, 17, 3:30 pm

How about First seats? When I checked (only a few times month back) it seemed that business was hard to get but first available.
Old Oct 4, 17, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by blitzen View Post
How about First seats? When I checked (only a few times month back) it seemed that business was hard to get but first available.
I can't see availability in either class at all (on the direct ANA route)

Incidentally, does anyone know how much taxes are in GBP per person to fly in F from the US to NRT?
Old Oct 5, 17, 6:23 am

Not sure if this helps but in May 338USD from JFK to HND for 2 people
Using 1.25USD per GBP (it was around that number) it should be GBP135pP not sure if NRT has different taxes than HND but it should give you a ballpark figure
Old Oct 5, 17, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by blitzen View Post
Not sure if this helps but in May 338USD from JFK to HND for 2 people
Using 1.25USD per GBP (it was around that number) it should be GBP135pP not sure if NRT has different taxes than HND but it should give you a ballpark figure
Wow, is it any wonder this is a popular redemption, that's incredible value.

Hoping now to fly LHR-IAD on VS, spend a few days in D.C. then fly on from D.C. to Tokyo. Fingers crossed!
Old Oct 5, 17, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by Nathandelabrum View Post
Wow, is it any wonder this is a popular redemption, that's incredible value.

Hoping now to fly LHR-IAD on VS, spend a few days in D.C. then fly on from D.C. to Tokyo. Fingers crossed!
Good luck! Hopefully you will be able to enjoy ANA First
Old Oct 6, 17, 8:02 pm

Just adding context with some more facts.. I have been checking their website right at the time that they were releasing the seats for next year's 356th day and my oh my, 2 business seats were never made available for that day from any European airport! There was only one business seat available from the beginning! What kind of wrong policy are they following and why doesn't someone advise them?

At least all other major European airlines release by default 2 business class award seats a year in advance. What's wrong with these chaps? I'm just fuming and seriously thinking of giving up and sticking to JAL.
Old Oct 9, 17, 7:50 am

I feel your pain!

Another quick question, it's within the next 4-5 weeks that I'm hoping to book our flights. At the moment United's schedule goes up to roughly September 10th 2018. There's currently loads of availability in July/August for 2, but nothing for 2 people in first or business in September (we're hoping to fly out late September). Do they generally release loads of seats at the same time later in the month?
Old Oct 9, 17, 7:34 pm

Programs: IHG Plat Ambassador, CC Gold, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
I feel your pain!

Another quick question, it's within the next 4-5 weeks that I'm hoping to book our flights. At the moment United's schedule goes up to roughly September 10th 2018. There's currently loads of availability in July/August for 2, but nothing for 2 people in first or business in September (we're hoping to fly out late September). Do they generally release loads of seats at the same time later in the month?
As I said up thread, when I was following the redemptions, it looked like space was released around 320 Days Out. So, On 10/9/17, I see availability through 8/31 (which is 325 Days). You should start to see space in September starting to show up shortly. Usually, I would see space show up on a daily basis, but every now and then, several days would be released at once.
Old Oct 9, 17, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

I can't see availability in either class at all (on the direct ANA route)

Incidentally, does anyone know how much taxes are in GBP per person to fly in F from the US to NRT?
Zero, if booked from now until November 30th:

https://www.ana.co.jp/wws/ca/e/asw_c...fuelsurcharge/
Old Oct 10, 17, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by Guava View Post
Zero, if booked from now until November 30th:

https://www.ana.co.jp/wws/ca/e/asw_c...fuelsurcharge/
Does that mean for taking a flight before the end of November or for making a booking for a future date before the end of November?
Old Oct 10, 17, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3 *G; HH Diamond; SPG Gold
Does that mean for taking a flight before the end of November or for making a booking for a future date before the end of November?
booking.
Old Oct 10, 17, 4:05 pm

Amex has another 30% bonus to transfer to Virgin Atlantic... for 93k MR you now can go New York - Tokyo in ANA first Class
if you can find available stave and it will not get easier I guess
Old Oct 10, 17, 4:06 pm

Amex has another 30% bonus to transfer to Virgin Atlantic... for 93k MR you now can go New York - Tokyo in ANA first Class
if you can find available stave and it will not get easier I guess
Old Oct 11, 17, 11:35 am
2018 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AA Exec Plat, AS 75K, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
I am also planning for Q4 of 2018. Is it possible to book multi leg or open jaw with VS miles on ANA? So, LAX-OKA and return from HND or can we only do RTs?
Old Oct 11, 17, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by jediwho View Post
I am also planning for Q4 of 2018. Is it possible to book multi leg or open jaw with VS miles on ANA? So, LAX-OKA and return from HND or can we only do RTs?
I believe open jaw is possible. I spoke with a VS agent a couple of days ago to confirm required mileage for the redemption I'm looking into and I asked about open jaw, he confirmed that it's definitely possible and that required mileage will be adjusted accordingly.

Search this Thread