Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Old Aug 29, 2017, 8:56 am

If I used this method to book the NH flight, is it possible to add the reservation under my account?
The e-ticket number (from VS) is valid on NH website, but I don't see a way to add it to my account.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Nate99
If I used this method to book the NH flight, is it possible to add the reservation under my account?
The e-ticket number (from VS) is valid on NH website, but I don't see a way to add it to my account.
?

I am confused by your question. Your VS booking on NH can be pulled up on ANA's website and you can then add your NH FFP#, if you have one, so that you can manage your VS booked reservation on NH's website where you can choose seats, check-in and do a bunch of things. After you added your NH FFP#, the reservation will automatically show up whenever you log on to ANA.com. If the website has all the required information to travel, it will even automatically check you in at T-1. The reservation management is pretty seamless.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 6:11 am

i am thinking of transferring chase UR to VA. How many miles does it take to fly C class from USA to Thailand round trip if using on ANA?
Old Sep 14, 2017, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by bernyx
i am thinking of transferring chase UR to VA. How many miles does it take to fly C class from USA to Thailand round trip if using on ANA?
If I rcall you have to do separate bookings for Usa-Tokyo and tokyo-Bangkok so it isn't as great of a deal as Usa-Tokyo . It can be quite expensive for Tokyo-bkk leg if I recall 40-50k miles
Old Sep 20, 2017, 4:56 pm

Programs: United 1k, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
is there any way to book meals, change seat assignments online? Obviously cannot do it through the virgin portal...
Old Sep 20, 2017, 6:31 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Which the ANA booking code provided by Virgin you can do that on the ANA webpage
Old Sep 21, 2017, 8:57 am

Programs: United 1k, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by blitzen
Which the ANA booking code provided by Virgin you can do that on the ANA webpage
Thanks, I think I was trying to overcomplicate it by logging in and going through the member's area
Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:26 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
I am looking for ANA F from LHR or FRA but really finding a lack of seats, I am even looking to August 2018....

Last edited by Lewis42; Sep 22, 2017 at 8:28 am Reason: horrible typo!
Old Sep 22, 2017, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by Lewis42
I am looking for ANA F from LHR or FRA but really finding a lack of seats, I am evening looking to August 2018....
I was also looking for flight next year just to gauge how bad availability would be from JFK-Tokyo and its pretty non-existent. I even logged on my ana account to see if availability would be different on ANA than through partners. Also no availability.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 8:28 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by cm007d
I was also looking for flight next year just to gauge how bad availability would be from JFK-Tokyo and its pretty non-existent. I even logged on my ana account to see if availability would be different on ANA than through partners. Also no availability.
awww
Old Sep 22, 2017, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by Lewis42
awww
I am just hoping that aug is still high season thats the reason why , but I am not so sure. I will try again early next year and see if there is any change. If there isn't i will have to come up with another plan to get to far east cheaply :-(
Old Sep 23, 2017, 7:03 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by cm007d
I could be wrong, but I searched on the United website and found availability JFK-Tokyo. In August of next year, there seems to be 2 First seats available on most days. A few things that I noticed while I was watching availability -

1. Outbound Fri/Sat never seems to be available. Only Sun-Thurs. Inbound doesn’t seem to have the same pattern.
2. United receives award inventory around 320 days out. Today is 9/23, awards have been released through 8/13 on outbound.
3. At times, I found up to 3 first/business class seats available.
4. NYC and IAD seem to book up the fastest, followed by Chicago, San Fran, LA and IAH. I could never get an idea about SEA or YVR. You might want to position to the West Coast for your award if you can’t find seats from the East Coast.
5. Many times, First class is the easier award to get.
6. You can do an open jaw, but the agents might not know that you can. My agent was surprised that she could book it that way.

Hopefully, this helps - and of course, YMMV on booking these awards.

I attached a couple of pictures to show what I found on United (2 seats - the non stops are on ANA)
Attached Images   
Old Sep 23, 2017, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by KathinJax
I could be wrong, but I searched on the United website and found availability JFK-Tokyo. In August of next year, there seems to be 2 First seats available on most days. A few things that I noticed while I was watching availability -

1. Outbound Fri/Sat never seems to be available. Only Sun-Thurs. Inbound doesnt seem to have the same pattern.
2. United receives award inventory around 320 days out. Today is 9/23, awards have been released through 8/13 on outbound.
3. At times, I found up to 3 first/business class seats available.
4. NYC and IAD seem to book up the fastest, followed by Chicago, San Fran, LA and IAH. I could never get an idea about SEA or YVR. You might want to position to the West Coast for your award if you cant find seats from the East Coast.
5. Many times, First class is the easier award to get.
6. You can do an open jaw, but the agents might not know that you can. My agent was surprised that she could book it that way.

Hopefully, this helps - and of course, YMMV on booking these awards.

I attached a couple of pictures to show what I found on United (2 seats - the non stops are on ANA)
that is some interesting information you have laid out here.I will have to keep my eyes open, i was looking more for business class availability but seems like first class has a lot more availability seems like. I will just continue to monitor what availability looks like throughout the year. I was originally planning on doing another far east trip in maybe early 2020.

On a side note can you do a Jfk-NRT-BKK as open jaw or is that just not possible anymore?
Old Sep 23, 2017, 1:28 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
Based upon what I have read in this thread, NRT-BKK will be priced as a separate award.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Lavezzi
is there any way to book meals, change seat assignments online? Obviously cannot do it through the virgin portal...
You can do it on ANA website after logging into your account and the reservation to your profile.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.