Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2022, 11:40 pm

Programs: n/a
Tried to rebook my march 2022 flight to a feb 2023 flight. I ran into a couple weird errors.
First i saw flights on dates in feb using Aeroplan one F and one J. the rep stated those cabins for those dates were unavailable on her end. United website also showed these were unavailable
Then i used united to search tickets from IAD to japan and saw a couple of J tickets available. the rep also said those dates were unavailable. united showed availability for 2 J tickets a bunch of dates in feb 2023. I just thought it was odd.
the rep then suggested i fill out a travel voucher so I just went ahead and did that. Did this happen to anyone else?
Old Mar 14, 2022, 11:42 pm

Programs: n/a
Also, my wife and i will be looking to travel with our infant who could be 1.5 years old when we actually rebook.
Since two F's are nearly impossible , how are the J seat's in the 787 flights? are they just lay down seats like the J seats in 777?
wondering if i should try and book a 1 J and 1 F initially then find and pay one of those sites that send you alerts for the 2nd F mid year. or just be happy with the 2 J;s (if i even get those too)
Old Mar 15, 2022, 1:22 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by br0wntown
Tried to rebook my march 2022 flight to a feb 2023 flight. I ran into a couple weird errors.
First i saw flights on dates in feb using Aeroplan one F and one J. the rep stated those cabins for those dates were unavailable on her end. United website also showed these were unavailable
Then i used united to search tickets from IAD to japan and saw a couple of J tickets available. the rep also said those dates were unavailable. united showed availability for 2 J tickets a bunch of dates in feb 2023. I just thought it was odd.
the rep then suggested i fill out a travel voucher so I just went ahead and did that. Did this happen to anyone else?
You should have HUCA, sounds like a rep who didn't know what they were doing.
roberto99 and CosmicGirl like this.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 10:30 pm

Has anyone heard of ANA limiting VS availability from JFK to one flight? I saw availability on ANA for J on the evening flight out of JFK. Called vs 2x and both times they said ana is limiting them to just the morning flight for awards (no availability). Really frustrating as we are trying to reschedule a trip that was canceled
Old Mar 20, 2022, 12:47 am

Originally Posted by Anlun
Has anyone heard of ANA limiting VS availability from JFK to one flight? I saw availability on ANA for J on the evening flight out of JFK. Called vs 2x and both times they said ana is limiting them to just the morning flight for awards (no availability). Really frustrating as we are trying to reschedule a trip that was canceled
I’m not quite sure what you mean.

At present the only flight operating from JFK to HND is NH109 on a daily basis.

This now leaves at 15:00 and arrives (+1) 18:00.

from November onwards it’s departure time is 16:55 and arrival (+1) 21:20.

From July 1st (new schedule pending), there is also NH9 to NRT which might restart when the new schedule is announced (not guaranteed).

This departs at 12:00pm and arrives (+1) at 15:00 From October this changes departure time to 11:45am and (+1) 15:00 arrival. (Although from December it is also showing from December as 10:45dept and 15:00 arrival).

If you are specifically looking for travel to NRT, then the agent is correct about the morning flight - because it’s the only NH flight travelling there daily.

If HND, they are incorrect, as it is currently an afternoon only departure which is available.

Up until recently, the flight to HND was departing at 18;00 - evening flight - but this is now 15:00 departure time.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 12:59 am

Something similar happened to me. Had a flight canceled due to reduction on ANA service. https://www.anahd.co.jp/en/jp/topics/notice200206/
Old Mar 20, 2022, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by Tofino87

From July 1st (new schedule pending), there is also NH9 to NRT which might restart when the new schedule is announced (not guaranteed).

This departs at 12:00pm and arrives (+1) at 15:00 From October this changes departure time to 11:45am and (+1) 15:00 arrival. (Although from December it is also showing from December as 10:45dept and 15:00 arrival).

If you are specifically looking for travel to NRT, then the agent is correct about the morning flight - because it’s the only NH flight travelling there daily.

If HND, they are incorrect, as it is currently an afternoon only departure which is available.

Up until recently, the flight to HND was departing at 18;00 - evening flight - but this is now 15:00 departure time.
For after Dec 2022 there are two daily flights out of JFK NH109 (the flight I wanted) departing at 16:55 and a morning flight to NRT at 10 am ish. The two agents said they don't see anything on for the nh109 flight despite availability on ANA and other airline award searches. They both said ana was only releasing award space for one daily flight from JFK and that's the 10am flight
Old Mar 20, 2022, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by Tofino87

For after Dec 2022 there are two daily flights out of JFK NH109 (the flight I wanted) departing at 16:55 and a morning flight to NRT at 10 am ish. The two agents said they don't see anything on for the nh109 flight despite availability on ANA and other airline award searches. They both said ana was only releasing award space for one daily flight from JFK and that's the 10am flight
Old Mar 20, 2022, 1:18 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
The agent would be incorrect. I just booked 2 x NH 110 in F on the exact same flight, and booked another 1 x F and 1 x J on a NH 109, all less than 2 weeks ago.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 5:07 pm

delete

Last edited by Boringbarry; Mar 26, 2022 at 8:37 pm
Old Mar 20, 2022, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Boringbarry
I booked 2 F seats roughly a year ago with points. Cannot go due to current restrictions, and lost track of dates, there weren't any reminders or anything unfortunately. First leg was actually a week or two ago, next leg is in another week or so. I will cancel the 2nd leg but is there anything I can do to recover the points and fees for the first leg?

I assume I will get refunded for 2nd leg since it was two one way tickets..

Appreciate any advice thanks
If your route was London, then you'd probably have had the luck that the flights was cancelled. Other routes may have been cancelled as well, so do check whether the flight operated.

If it did operate, your were probably counted as a no-show, and a refund is out of the question for that leg. If a separate one way for leg two, you can just cancel that now.
Boringbarry likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 11:13 pm

Any experience with award space opening up either in J or F? Trying to book tickets for Oct 11-16 week one way from JFK-TYO (separate onward ticket to MNL). Obviously would prefer to fly from NY but open to any airport in USA. Even with flexible dates and departure points no success looking on UA.

it appears the week of space is opened up. Generally does it between now and then or just the 330 day mark and week of?

thanks I’m advance.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 7:47 am

delete

Last edited by Boringbarry; Mar 26, 2022 at 8:37 pm
Old Mar 21, 2022, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Boringbarry
Thanks. For the 2nd leg when canceling, would I expect to get the cash paid for fuel surcharge as well, or just the points? Assuming the flight will operate/hasn't been canceled
If you cancel voluntarily, there is a cancellation fee. I believe it is 30GBP for UK point of sale. The rest comes back. If the flight is cancelled by ANA, no fees.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 10:21 am

Programs: BA Gold. Flying Blue Gold. Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Plat AMB, Radisson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
If you cancel voluntarily, there is a cancellation fee. I believe it is 30GBP for UK point of sale. The rest comes back. If the flight is cancelled by ANA, no fees.
In practice, I've found that the cancellation charges aren't actually being applied at the moment (I've "voluntarily" cancelled a few VS reward bookings on NH over the past couple of years and always received all the cash back along with the points). As always, YMMV and Virgin could start applying the £30 / $30 cancellation fee again at any time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.