Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Waitrose

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2017, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

Waitrose

It is now possible to earn miles on in-store purchases at Waitrose.

From the Virgin Shop website:
“You might not earn Flying Club miles if the same payment card is registered with another ‘card-linked offer’ programme. To avoid this, ensure that you delete or remove the card from any other ‘card linked offer’ programmes.”

So it seems that registering the same card with Virgin, BA, Quidco, TCB and others may not work. One has to decide which portal they wish to work with or have a card per portal…

Do others have any experience / knowledge of how this actually works?
Old Mar 25, 2017, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
It works like it says.

You register your credit card and that's it. Nothing else to do.

Virgin's partner has access to Visa, MasterCard and Amex transaction data and looks out for purchases coded as Waitrose. They then arrange for miles to be credited to your account.

The Avios equivalent of this - which doesn't include Waitrose - sends out an email when the transaction is spotted to say that you will receive Avios within 35 days. The Waitrose thing is too new for anyone to know yet how it works.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 11:05 am
Original Poster

I am sure it would work, even though none of my transactions last week have been recorded. My question however was more to do with the behaviour of this service when the same card is registered with more than one portal. What stops us from getting multiple rewards for the same transaction through different portals?
Old Mar 26, 2017, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The same back office runs all these portals so you only get paid once via the first one that gets picked up.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 8:21 am

I haven't received any points yet.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 11:27 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Has anyone had any points yet? I'm still showing as no transactions after 5 Waitrose shops since registering.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 12:33 am

None now and over 7 day have passed since my first shop (I registered the card and waited 24 hrs). There have been several since none of which have resulted in points.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 3:24 am
Original Poster

I am pleased to report that today I was finally able to see some tracked transactions. The earlier date is showing as 28/3. It is not clear if this is the date of purchase or the date of posting the transaction on the VA website. If the former than the first transactions were not recorded.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 2:22 am

It appears that the earliest transactions did not register, but those after a certain date (28 March?) did. Does anyone know if Waitress home delivery orders earn miles?
Old Apr 9, 2017, 3:16 pm

Earlier transaction similarly have not credited but, more worryingly on perusal of my Shops Away account, I note that the banner advertising Waitrose instore shopping states "before 24 May"..

I was previously unaware that the offer time limited although many have surmised that it rather generous so possibly temporary.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 8:14 am

Programs: VS Flying Club (Gold), BA Exec Club (Silver), Hilton Honors (Diamond)
Mine have all started tracking over the weekend in ShopsAway, but not yet crediting to my FC account.
Old May 13, 2017, 2:57 am

My Waitrose shop has not tracked.Have spoken to customer services.Waitrose say contact Virgin,Virgin say contact Waitrose.All blaming each other and of course me.Unable to get anything to track,just rubbish for me.Stopped shopping at Waitrose in disgust.

Really pleased to hear some are getting their points.
Old May 13, 2017, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by radiata
Earlier transaction similarly have not credited but, more worryingly on perusal of my Shops Away account, I note that the banner advertising Waitrose instore shopping states "before 24 May"..

I was previously unaware that the offer time limited although many have surmised that it rather generous so possibly temporary.
I get a feeling it will continue but at a lower level.

Mine are tracking ok, 6000 miles so far.
Old May 17, 2017, 3:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold. EI GoldCircle
Anyone know if this works for Waitrose online food orders?
I don't live near a Waitrose but am a regular Ocado user 1-2 times a week but I could easily switch.

Btw. The Waitrose website is very poor relative to Ocado and their app well, there is none!
Old May 18, 2017, 10:15 am

Programs: BA Silver, VS Red, OZ Silver
Originally Posted by HarryBA
Anyone know if this works for Waitrose online food orders?
I don't live near a Waitrose but am a regular Ocado user 1-2 times a week but I could easily switch.

Btw. The Waitrose website is very poor relative to Ocado and their app well, there is none!
It specifically states in-store only.

Annoying, I know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.