FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-atlantic-airways-flying-club-506/)
-   -   Any interesting TSA precheck experiences with VS? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-atlantic-airways-flying-club/1825944-any-interesting-tsa-precheck-experiences-vs.html)

B752 Feb 27, 2017 7:22 am

Any interesting TSA precheck experiences with VS?

Now that VS participated in the program has anyone had any problems or interesting experiences so far when orginating from the US?

Booked a last minute flight on VS10 and then realized they now participate in precheck. Called VS to add middle name to the secure passenger data, it's the only way I'll get a match, as I didn't list it on the booking and my flying club profile only has the initial. The rep continued to repeat that my KTN number was on file and that VS doesn't require middle names so I shouldn't "experience any troubles whatsoever during travel." I think we got tired of repeating ourselves at some point and she simply resigned to "brilliant, it's all done. Can I assist with anything else." Why she couldn't just change it from the start I have no idea, if she changed it.

Then return trip is on DL metal (there seemed to be no actual VS returns available and the one that was had a $500 price increase) so I guess I'll call Delta and see if they can double check it and possibly change it if need be.

travellingwigbury Feb 27, 2017 10:55 am

Only loosely "interesting", but the BP issued through the mobile app (iPhone) last night didn't show my TSA Pre status.

I went to the check in desk who checked my booking - and it was there! - so issued me with a paper BP that showed my status.

fabulousflygirl Feb 27, 2017 3:11 pm

First experience will be next week in L.A.

robboc25 Feb 27, 2017 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by travellingwigbury (Post 27965393)
Only loosely "interesting", but the BP issued through the mobile app (iPhone) last night didn't show my TSA Pre status.

I went to the check in desk who checked my booking - and it was there! - so issued me with a paper BP that showed my status.

this was my experience too. So you will need to get a boarding pass printed at the airport to be able to use it.

travellingwigbury Mar 1, 2017 4:40 am

TSA Pre not showing up in mobile BP

Originally Posted by robboc25 (Post 27967561)
this was my experience too. So you will need to get a boarding pass printed at the airport to be able to use it.

While checking in for another flight this morning on the mobile app, when I followed the links to view the boarding pass, it *did* show TSA Pre. However, on clicking the link to add the BP to the wallet, it did not... I've taken a screenshot of that prior screen and will show that at the airport.

I'll see if I can find a way to report that to Virgin.

gismo1554 Mar 1, 2017 9:33 am

Originally Posted by travellingwigbury (Post 27973920)
While checking in for another flight this morning on the mobile app, when I followed the links to view the boarding pass, it *did* show TSA Pre. However, on clicking the link to add the BP to the wallet, it did not... I've taken a screenshot of that prior screen and will show that at the airport.

I'll see if I can find a way to report that to Virgin.

Tweet Virgin and they will add to their list of app problems and confirm if its showing their end. I had issues with a disability request (it shows when you add but when you close app and reopen its disappeared). They confirmed it is there its just the app being stupid.

travellingwigbury Mar 1, 2017 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by gismo1554 (Post 27975251)
Tweet Virgin and they will add to their list of app problems and confirm if its showing their end. I had issues with a disability request (it shows when you add but when you close app and reopen its disappeared). They confirmed it is there its just the app being stupid.

Thanks. I don't tweet but reported it via FB, and they're passing it onto the web team.

gismo1554 Mar 2, 2017 12:42 am

Originally Posted by travellingwigbury (Post 27978130)
Thanks. I don't tweet but reported it via FB, and they're passing it onto the web team.

Great! Glad they can sort it.

travellingwigbury Mar 2, 2017 1:47 am

Originally Posted by gismo1554 (Post 27978950)
Great! Glad they can sort it.

Not holding my breath given the slew of issues found since the website was, umm, enhanced, but I'm cautiously optimistic...

gismo1554 Mar 3, 2017 12:43 am

Originally Posted by travellingwigbury (Post 27979090)
Not holding my breath given the slew of issues found since the website was, umm, enhanced, but I'm cautiously optimistic...

lol nor me! I have a feeling there is going to be about 40 disability requests showing on my flight as every now and then I go in and reinsert as I'm so paranoid it isn't really there. Let us know how you get on!

UVAhoo06 Apr 6, 2017 7:07 pm

I just checked in and didn't get pre-check! Is there any way to get this? Whenever I fly Delta, I've been able to get pre-check (via Global Entry).

I can't seem to find a place online to enter my Known Traveller Number (KTN). For what it's worth, I did book this ticket via Delta's site, and on their end (and on the ticket), my KTN is noted.