Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

LHR Revivals Lounge access with a SkyMiles award ticket?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2017, 6:35 pm
Original Poster

It's been 22 years since I last flew VS (and 23 since I last flew VS in UC), so I'm a newbie around this neck of the FT woods.

I've recently used DL SkyMiles to book UC tickets for BOS-LHR for next June. I see that our G fare class doesn't qualify for ground limousine transfers (which is understandable), but does it qualify us to use the Revivals Lounge on arrival? I remember that, in the early years of LHR arrivals lounges (in the '80s, IIRC), it varied as to whether PA or BA would let their C award passengers into them.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
If you are in UC then you get access to revivals. No guests though.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh and as you are on a G then you can use 17.5k miles to book a car for any of the legs of your trip. Though that may not be the best use of miles.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 8:10 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Gold, Virgin Trains Traveller, Her Majesties Secret Service.
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Oh and as you are on a G then you can use 17.5k miles to book a car for any of the legs of your trip. Though that may not be the best use of miles.
Its a terrible use of miles... but if you have miles to burn, or are super lazy (like me!) then its worthwhile.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the input. No, I'm not inclined to blow a quarter of the mileage cost of a transatlantic UC ticket on getting from LHR into Bloomsbury . . . but it is good to know that we will have the option of using the Revivals lounge if we so wish.

OP
Old Feb 25, 2017, 2:23 pm

Another arrivals lounge question...We are arriving 10am and our hotel has a check in time of 4pm. This lounge is landside. We will need to utilize the train from T3 to T5 eventually. Am I correct in assuming that we must stay airside...meaning that we cannot use the lounge because we will need to use the train to get to T5?
Old Feb 25, 2017, 2:28 pm

Follow up question...If we must remain airside, is there a lounge available...just need to kill some time.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why do you need to get to T5?

There are landside ways to get to T5 from T3. The train option IS landside.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 9:10 am

Our hotel is in T5.

Sounds as though we can do the arrivals lounge and later take the train to T5. Thanks
Old Feb 26, 2017, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ok thanks. Assume you are staying at the Sotifel?

Yes you can do all of that - clear UK immigration, collect luggage and clear customs and visit revivals - then take the train from T3 to T5.

To be clear if you were doing T3-T5 airside then you would be using the airside buses and not going anywhere near the train which is the landside connection route.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by PaulaJK
We are arriving 10am and our hotel has a check in time of 4pm.
The Sofitel check-in time is 2.00pm. Never even heard of a hotel with a check-in time as late as 4pm!
Old Feb 27, 2017, 9:21 pm

Thank you Nike....I misread the 14:00 as 4:00.
I agree that the majority of hotels have check in at 2 or 3 pm.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 3:34 am

At least it means you have less time to kill. You can stay in Revivals until closing time and then make your way over to the Sofitel

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.