Virgin Atlantic 787-9 Dreamliner

Subscribe
First time posting so forgive me if I've posted in wrong section. Hopefully easy question... booked on VA 787-9 Dreamliner Heathrow to LAX and return from San Francisco. Two adults two children, looking to book seats at the very back row - no toilets, just galley and apparently seats recline as normal seat. Any comments as to whether this is okay seat (I know it's economy and going to be an unpleasant 11 hours but prepared to suck it up and save the Ł1,000 per ticket to upgrade to premium). Any advice welcome.
the galley will be noisy plus you will still have other passengers going there to get drinks and that could also disturb you.
thanks for the reply --- will go back to the seat plan
Last row is never a good idea. Personally I like to pay for the emergency exit row or even the preferred seats.

Unless your flight is really quite full, many people don't spend the extra for those seats, meaning that you also have fewer people around disturbing you.
On a 787 there are a grand total of 6 ELR seats, 3 for each side of the airplane. You could still sit 2+2, even with the children by themselves; those are not exit rows.
Our daughter-in-law (six foot tall) and granddaughter (age 7) are flying Economy LAX-LHR return. Not until October. I've never flown Virgin economy but I've been looking at the seat map -- Would 53AB or 53JK be the best seats if they can snag them? Or an a 7 year old not sit there? They look like they have tons of room if the toilets in front of them aren't too much of an issue?

Is IFE an issue in those seats -- how does it work?

If those aren't the best or they can't be had, any other recommendations?

Thanks.
A 7 year old will not be allowed to sit in an exit row seat.

In exit rows the screen is on an arm that comes out from under the seat.
Quote:
A 7 year old will not be allowed to sit in an exit row seat.

In exit rows the screen is on an arm that comes out from under the seat.
Thanks. Any suggestions for best seats that they can get?