Search

Delta/Virgin Discrepancies

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2017, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis Preferred
Delta/Virgin Discrepancies

So, this is kind of a weird one...

I am booked on a Delta ticket on IAD-JFK-LHR, with a direct LHR-IAD return, on Virgin metal across the pond.

Virgin changed the JFK-LHR equipment from an A346 to an A330 (a huge bummer, because my 10 year old loves the 340 and wanted to fly on one.) They also changed my return from a 789 to an A330 (a huge bummer, because this overgrown 10 year old wanted to fly on the Dreamliner). They also changed the time of the IAD-LHR return. I should note that all of this happened in the last few weeks, for April travel.

Because of that schedule change, Delta let me change my return flight to a day later, which I did. However, Delta is listing the flight as a 12:35 departure, while Virgin is listing is a 11:15. The original schedule change was the same thing (only a day earlier), which Delta notified me of. In that case, Delta and Virgin have the same flight time listed, but a day later, they don't. Its been this way for 2 weeks now on their respective websites.

I had paid seat assignments on the VS segments which got all screwed up when they changed the equipment, and spend a lot time on hold trying to get them changed. I had selected 5 extra legroom seats on the 340, but I'm only going to have 2 of them on the 330. Virgin reassigned my seats and said I will get a refund for the difference.

HOWEVER...1) I haven't gotten the refund, and 2) the new seats assignments are showing up correctly on the Delta site...but on the Virgin site, they are only showing up for 1 of the 2 segments. (Even stranger, they are showing up correctly for 2 out of 5 passengers in the segment that isn't right).

As I'm traveling with 3 children, I need to make sure that these seats are together. On Delta's website, they are all listed correctly--so should I not worry about it? Or should I call Virgin again and go through another hour of holding while they try to figure it out? And then there's the refund they owe me...

What a mess! What's with Delta and Virgin not having their act together and listing different flight times for the same flight...among other things?
Old Jan 6, 2017, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I had something similar happen for my April EWR-LHR in W booked as a DL codeshare. VS moved the flight time, DL didn't. So DL somehow converted my flight to the VS 2 flight. DL then couldn't do anything useful with the reservation at all, which worked out in my favor because I suggested being put on an earlier JFK-LHR flight on VS back with the DL codeshare flight number.

In your case, I would presume that VS is correct and DL is not correct, and call VS.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Definitely contact VS although it is painful. What I used to do (and I do not now if it is possible with the new site) was hover around the flight booking section until the chat window appeared and when they asked me if they could help, I gave them my PNR and explained what I wanted in relation to that. Might be worth trying. VS website is bascially an epic mess with lots of errors and oddities and a good deal of negative comments.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.