Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

Can I UG VS flight with VS miles on a DL ticket?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2016, 9:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM

Hi All,

Is it possible for to use my VS miles to upgrade a VS flight on a ticket that I purchased through DL? In other words, if I'm flying from LHR-JFK (operated by VS), for example, and bought the ticket on DL.com, can I still UG using miles?

Thanks!
Old Dec 29, 2016, 3:09 am

Programs: VS Au, Skywards Au, BA Exec Ag, HH Diamond, Taj Au
It wasn't possible in the past but it may have changed ... the only way to find out is to call VS.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 10:00 pm
Original Poster

UPDATE: I was successfully able to upgrade my ticket to UC using VS miles on a DL-ticketed. I hope this data point helps some of you all out there.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 1:13 am

Programs: VS Au, Skywards Au, BA Exec Ag, HH Diamond, Taj Au
Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
UPDATE: I was successfully able to upgrade my ticket to UC using VS miles on a DL-ticketed. I hope this data point helps some of you all out there.
Great thanks, as I said, it was not possible before but that's good news.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 4:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, VX Gold, VS Gold, HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold
I bought a mixed DL/VS itenerary of 4 segments via priceline in November (after the systems update) and was able to use VS miles to upgrade a VS operated segment at check-in on day of departure, even though I had my Skymiles # in reservation for status and miles earning.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 12:49 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold

Just out of curiosity, did you upgrade from economy or PE to UC? Just trying to figure out if the PE tickets booked on delta , which book into the "w" fare class are also a "w" fare on Virgin.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by carolinaRN
Just out of curiosity, did you upgrade from economy or PE to UC? Just trying to figure out if the PE tickets booked on delta , which book into the "w" fare class are also a "w" fare on Virgin.
I upgraded from PE to UC
Old Jan 21, 2017, 2:33 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
I upgraded from PE to UC
Interesting. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.