Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airport transfer on Z-class fare

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2016, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Airport transfer on Z-class fare

I see that airport transfers are included with any J/D/C/I UC fare.

I see that for award flights you can tack on an airport transfer for 17500 miles extra.

What I don't see is any information on whether I can arrange a transfer for miles while traveling on a (paid) Z-class fare. I would not mind paying 17500 miles for a transfer (EWR-Brooklyn, in case this is relevant), but I can't find anything on VS website which would confirm that this is possible.

Did anyone successfully book a transfer with miles while on a Z fare? It would be rather strange if one can get it with a reward flight, but not with a paid (albeit discounted) UC fare.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 12:41 am

Programs: VS Au, Skywards Au, BA Exec Ag, HH Diamond, Taj Au
That's the rule, Has been the same for a very long time. Given that you could search around a book a limo for around $100 anyway, using 17,500 miles has always been considered a relatively poor way of using miles.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
As Slinky says VS does not offer this option - possibly quite deliberately rather than omission by accident.

BTW if your VS flight to EWR was bought as the DL codeshare then even on a J/C/D/I fare the car isn't included
Old Oct 27, 2016, 4:56 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies, it's a bit of a bummer.

I know that paying for transfers with miles is not considered good value, but I'm flying VS once in a blue moon, so they are not as valuable for me.

Oh well, looks like it's relatively easy to get from EWR to Manhattan using trains or buses, so I might as well take this route and save a few bob.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 11:11 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
You have to call the UK number
+44 (0)344 412 4666

I added the service to my Award Booking for 17.5k yesterday (worth as I don't have to call etc to get to the Virgin LHR Wing and miles are easy to get)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.