Wiki Posts
Search

Virgin AMEX refer a friend

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2016, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Virgin AMEX refer a friend

Hi all,

Is there any kind of refer a friend offer on this card? Can see it for flying club but not the card itself. Thanks.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 6:49 pm

Programs: MUCCI
Not that I'm aware of - across all their products, MBNA don't really go in for that sort of thing.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 1:26 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
You certainly used to get a referral bonus - IIRC it was 4K for the black card and 3K for the white card. The link always seemed to be hidden away though.

When this question was asked in the past the answer given was to google 'Virgin Atlantic credit card refer a friend', but this doesn't seem to work any more. All the links this points to are broken.

My guess is that, because the whole credit card / loyalty points thing is in a state of flux due to the various European legal rulings, they have done away with it.

Nick
Old Oct 6, 2016, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by Nottingham Nick
You certainly used to get a referral bonus - IIRC it was 4K for the black card and 3K for the white card. The link always seemed to be hidden away though.

When this question was asked in the past the answer given was to google 'Virgin Atlantic credit card refer a friend', but this doesn't seem to work any more. All the links this points to are broken.

My guess is that, because the whole credit card / loyalty points thing is in a state of flux due to the various European legal rulings, they have done away with it.

Nick
According to headforpoints the refer a friend scheme is being relaunched in the autumn...
Old Oct 29, 2016, 1:30 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum; Marriott Silver; Avis president's: Hertz President's
It seems to be selective. I received an email from MBNA with a referral link, while my other half (separate account) did not. The link is not visible anywhere on the statement or online card management screen, only from the email. Maybe if you contact customer services and ask?
Old Oct 31, 2016, 5:19 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
MBNA have said such a scheme exists but its run by Virgin and you need to contact them, probably worth contacting both to try and get hold of the link
Old Nov 1, 2016, 12:57 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Diamond, Hilton Gold,
I was emailed a personal referral link. The email came from @mbna. 3000 points with a maximum of 25 referrals
Old Feb 12, 2017, 11:58 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum; Marriott Silver; Avis president's: Hertz President's
I have a personal referral link, again, from @mbna. I have successfully referred my wife, although the points took almost 4 months to post. She has been told by mbna, point blank and in writing that there is no referral facility, and my referral link must be to get someone to sign up to Flying Club.
Don't you love it when under-trained customer services staff indulge in alternative truths.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by umgowah
I have a personal referral link, again, from @mbna. I have successfully referred my wife, although the points took almost 4 months to post. She has been told by mbna, point blank and in writing that there is no referral facility, and my referral link must be to get someone to sign up to Flying Club.
Don't you love it when under-trained customer services staff indulge in alternative truths.
I had this also last week from MBNA... Got passed from person to person who all said I need to talk directly to FC and they said no it's MBNA... I eventually found the link in my emails and I found my own link... But certainly wasn't easy!
Old Feb 18, 2017, 4:20 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
I too got emailed a personal referral link so I guess that they are now starting to be a little bit more proactive in new client generation. Its the usual 3000 miles for me and either 10000 miles ( basic white card ) or 25000 miles (double miles black card) for the person taking the card out. See HERE for the deal they offered me.

It goes without saying that you are free to use the link if you are looking sign up of course :-)
Old Feb 18, 2017, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
What is rather bizarre about the deal (and I've told Virgin this) is that the person being referred doesn't get any extra benefit. This makes it a bit one-sided because you're asking your friend to help you out without getting anything back.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 12:54 pm

Programs: BAEC
I too get the email link for referral. It is quite bizarre to have such a 'promotional email' as the person you refer does not get anything. It makes it hard to convince people to sign up using 'your' link. but my link is here for anyone wants to join through my referral

Thanks
Old Mar 8, 2017, 6:38 pm

Programs: BAEC, VS, Marriott, HH, Hertz PC
Any concrete answers on how to obtain a personal referral link if not sent a link via email?
Old Mar 10, 2017, 9:14 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by Lawro
Any concrete answers on how to obtain a personal referral link if not sent a link via email?
Luck of the draw it seems, no rhyme or reason..
Old May 12, 2017, 2:22 am

I sent MBNA a secure message (in the Communication Centre of my online account) asking for a referral code I can use for the Virgin credit cards. It turns out it is simply

http://www.mbna.co.uk/MGM/?mc=1061295109

where 1061295109 is my Virgin flying club number. Please use this to generate your own referral link by substituting your own flying club number (or you can use mine ;-)). Of course whether or not the bonus points actual post is another matter entirely…..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.