Search

reward flight changes

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2016, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

reward flight changes

hi all,
hoping someone can answer me this:
i have 2 one way premium economy flights booked....one was booked using the credit card upgrade voucher (paid 25k miles instead of 40k miles) and one was booked using a discounted mileage promotion they were running a few months back (paid 27k miles instead of 40k miles)...
i need to change the dates for these flights, so are the discounted miles i paid good for the new flights, or will virgin ask me for the extra miles to make it up to the usual rate of 40k miles.
thanks for your help.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 4:10 pm

I also want to change an award flight that I booked at a discounted 12.5 k miles ORD-LHR. Besides the change fee, will I have to pay more miles?
Old Jun 25, 2016, 4:20 am

Programs: Skyteam Elite+, VS Red, HHonours Diamond, Accor Plat
You don't really change the flight, they cancel the existing one and rebook you another.

You'll get back the amount of miles you have currently paid and will then pay whatever the prevailing rate is.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 3:08 pm

Thanks for the info. I guess I will stick to the original booking, I don't have enough miles to pay the higher rate.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 9:52 am

I've changed 2 reward flights that were originally booked with reduced miles. When i changed the destination i was charged the increase in miles. When i only changed the dates, i didn't get charged any more miles.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 12:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: Virgin America Gold, Virgin Atlantic Gold, AAdvantage Platinum, B6 Mosaic, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by SirAlfonso
I've changed 2 reward flights that were originally booked with reduced miles. When i changed the destination i was charged the increase in miles. When i only changed the dates, i didn't get charged any more miles.
That's a great data point, thank you for sharing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.