Community
Wiki Posts
Search

30% Mile booster bonus - Feb & March 2016.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2016, 9:07 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic
Original Poster

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
30% Mile booster bonus - Feb & March 2016.

Details on the VS website here - http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/gb/en...s-booster.html

Nick
Old Feb 12, 2016, 1:38 am

Programs: BA Silver, VS Gold, Avis Presidents Club, Hilton Diamond
Plus 30% bonus on purchasing miles too.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 3:49 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Pulled the trigger (twice) on buying miles...owing partly due to realizations about HKG-LON-NYC fees and partly down to the "first buy" being somewhat...glitched.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 5:41 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
So, does the boost boost apply only to flights taken in the sale period (e.g. if I buy the booster for my HKG-LHR-IAD trip)? And...does boosting still work on an award trip?
Old Feb 12, 2016, 5:49 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Virgin Gold
I did this over the phone yesterday so in answer to some of your questions:-

- Yes you can do this on reward flights

- It applies to all travel both upcoming and over the past 6 months. Not sure how far in advance you can go as i've got a November booking too which may or may not be eligible. My March booking was eligible and that falls outside the days of the promotion.

- Codeshares operated by VS but on a different carriers ticket are meant to be excluded although i did have a flight on Virgin with a DL ticket available for this offer which i wasn't expecting.

Your points are meant to post within 72 hours (nothing after 24 hours yet) and the bonus points are added at the end of the miles boost period.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 12:14 am

Programs: BMI
Has anyone got their bonus miles yet?
Old Mar 14, 2016, 4:48 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
My regular miles posted but no bonus
Old Mar 15, 2016, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I would give it a little more time yet, because often these things take a bit of time to swing into action. Although, as a data point, mine from the last campaign posted pretty quickly.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 12:21 pm

The terms and conditions did say at the end of the offer period but still, you'd think they would be organised enough to post fairly shortly after. What if I were waiting for the miles to book a flight.

When I bought the miles originally over the phone (miles booster) the agent said that they can't do anything with missing bonus miles and we can only email them and they will contact points.com...
Old Mar 20, 2016, 3:18 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Virgin Gold
I was told over the phone when i bought these that they would post on the 23rd March
Old Mar 22, 2016, 5:57 pm

Mine posted today.

It was the 30% bonus but technically, if you read the T&Cs, it also said that you should get 1k additional bonus with every miles booster purchase. Im not sure I have the energy to chase for that 1k though
Old Mar 26, 2016, 12:13 pm

This offer is over right? No mention within the link.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 12:18 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
Originally Posted by pazza2000
This offer is over right? No mention within the link.
Yes it is.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
This promo is back again, through 11 May 2016...
Old Apr 22, 2016, 11:32 pm

Just the +30% for bought miles (not the booster), right? For the record, I've got my 30% booster bonus in my account even though my flight isn't until January.

Edit: Looks like it's both...and given the VX situation, I think I'll be doing both.

Edit 2: And...well, when does the booster promo run until? I see the following on a booster page:
"Accelerating your miles with Miles Booster is easy. You can buy either the base miles flown of your next flight, or you can double the base miles, meaning you can speed toward your next reward faster than ever. Miles Booster can even be purchased against Virgin Atlantic flight Reward and Miles Plus Money bookings! Even better is that between 22 April and 09 May, 2016 you’ll receive an extra 30% bonus on the amount of miles you boost!"

AND

"Please note: Miles purchased will be credited to your account within 72 hours following your initial outbound flight date. Only one Miles Booster offer can be purchased and applied per flight. To receive the 30% bonus, purchases must be made between 22 April and 11 May 2016. Bonus miles will be credited by 23 May, 2016. Offer subject to change. All other Flying Club terms and conditions apply."

My best guess is that it's 09 May and they're giving themselves two days of posting wiggle room, but it's interesting to see an internal contradiction like this.

Last edited by GrayAnderson; Apr 22, 2016 at 11:51 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.