Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upper Class Seat Selection on Boeing 789

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2015, 4:53 am
Original Poster

Upper Class Seat Selection on Boeing 789

I'm booked to fly VS 207 HKG-LHR in October, and a quick look at FlightRadar suggests that this route is mostly flown by the 789.

What are generally considered to be the best seats in Upper Class on the Dreamliner? I'm looking to maximise privacy, so perhaps something towards the front?

With thanks.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 10:06 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond
Having just flown on the VS 787, I don't think any of it really private but I guess 1A would be the seat to go for, though it's by the galley. Definitely stick to the left hand side of the cabin (row A) as the other two rows face each other.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 5:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier 1K, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry
1A is too close to the galley.

I just came back from a LAX-LHR-JNB RT with 3 of them on 787-900

Stay on the A side but 3A-8A is my prime area.

This is the view from 5A looking back.

Originally Posted by Bartinbrook
Having just flown on the VS 787, I don't think any of it really private but I guess 1A would be the seat to go for, though it's by the galley. Definitely stick to the left hand side of the cabin (row A) as the other two rows face each other.
Attached Images  
Old Dec 31, 2015, 7:47 pm

Programs: Skyteam Elite+, VS Red, HHonours Diamond, Accor Plat
7A & K have a missing window on a VS 787-900. Not sure if that matters to you but it's worth knowing.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by backdoc
I just came back from a LAX-LHR-JNB RT with 3 of them on 787-900

Stay on the A side but 3A-8A is my prime area.

This is the view from 5A looking back.
OMG that mood lighting is just ghastly ghastly ghastly
Old Jan 11, 2016, 10:32 am

Programs: BA VS Gold; Hyatt Accor Marriott SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Bartinbrook
I found the space disappointing on the 787, really seems that they have squeezed in one row too many.
I would personally choose 1A or 2A next time; while there is a galley of sorts up front it was not heavily used, and also the lack of restrooms at the front means far less foot traffic than on most planes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.