Car service - 4 passengers?

Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Car service - 4 passengers?

Hi all.

I have 4 upper class reward seats booked from LHR to ATL and was originally told that with 2 A and 2 C I would need 17,500 to book the car service. I transferred in exactly what I needed and now that I've got an address for pickup I called back and now they say with 4 of us, they'll need two cars so 2x 17,500.

Has anyone traveled on award seats and booked the car service for 4 people?

Any idea which representative is correct?

J
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
From this page

Cars are normally able to carry a maximum of three passengers with a maximum of three large suitcases. See the Special Requests section below if you need a larger car.
(the larger car mentions things like carrying skis not extra passengers)
Old Jun 8, 2015, 12:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I don't know of any car service which uses standard 4-door sedans which will transport more than three passengers unless one is a lap child. Here in the US I'm presuming that it's a liability / insurance matter.

Car service in Atlanta, even with an SUV, is pretty cheap if you are headed anywhere in the ATL area. A heck of a lot less than the value of 17,500 unless you've got them to burn.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
I don't know of any car service which uses standard 4-door sedans which will transport more than three passengers unless one is a lap child. Here in the US I'm presuming that it's a liability / insurance matter.

Car service in Atlanta, even with an SUV, is pretty cheap if you are headed anywhere in the ATL area. A heck of a lot less than the value of 17,500 unless you've got them to burn.
The car service would be in London to get to LHR in the am on a Wednesday.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 2:11 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Executive Platinum
Even in London, I would think paying for cash for a car service would be better than burning even 17,500 miles unless you have so many miles and need to find ways to use them.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.