Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

VS Online Check-In Currently "Broken" for US Citizens

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2015, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM

I went to check-in for my flight this evening from ATL to LHR, and was unable to do so. It kept asking for a "Permanent Resident Number"--even though it had my passport info, etc. US citizens don't have Permanent Resident Numbers. They told me they are aware of the problem but so far their IT department doesn't seem up to the task of fixing it.

Not a huge deal as I am checking bags, but a minor irritant on my first experience with VS. If I like my Upper Class seat, all will be well. If not, I'll make sure I choose Delta flights in the future.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 12:27 am

Yes. I found the same issue when trying to check-in last week after providing all my details. Perplexed. But, I don't know what I did - clicked on a check-in somewhere else on the website and i was able to get my boarding passes by email.

Pretty poor website for what was otherwise a good first experience for me.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 12:18 am

Programs: Thai Gold, UA, AA, SWA
I tried to check in online (23 hrs before flight time) and I get the message online check in is not available for this flight (VS 0024) and have to check in at the terminal. Not sure what's going on. Anyone have a clue?
Old Jun 9, 2015, 4:19 am

Programs: Hilton (Diamond) Hyatt (Gold) IHG (Spire Elite) VS (Silver)
Same issue here ie permanent resident number and I am a UK resident so agreeing probably a system issue I just inputted my passport number and it accepted that..
Old Jun 9, 2015, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by duniawala
I tried to check in online (23 hrs before flight time) and I get the message online check in is not available for this flight (VS 0024) and have to check in at the terminal. Not sure what's going on. Anyone have a clue?
Bit late but tip is to try again a bit later.

Could also be that you have been selected for passport etc check at the desk. Happens to a small random number of pax and isn't unusual
Old Jun 22, 2015, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
Whatever the problem was, we did not have the same issue checking in for our return flight two weeks later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.