Wiki Posts
Search

6 hr layover in T3

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2015, 12:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Thai Gold, UA, AA, SWA
6 hr layover in T3

Flying on VS, LAX-LHR-DEL. Have a 6 hr layover at T3. Is it enough to get out of the airport to do any sight seeing. Or should I buy a lounge access and spend the time there. Any suggestions?
Old May 24, 2015, 12:25 am

It'd be tight to fit a trip into C London and back in 6 hours, but do-able. Assume an hour each out and back. Passport control and security back in 2 hours, left with 2 hours. Given you land late afternoon, not too sure W Abbey and St Pauls would be open late evening.

British Museum closes 5.30. Are you landing on a Fri, open till 8.30. That'd be my recommendation, fantastic things inside: Rosetta stone, etc.

Alternatively, you can walk around Trafalgar Square, along the river, etc.
Old May 24, 2015, 2:21 am

6 hr layover in T3

If you splash out on a Heathrow express ticket, you can do it quicker into Paddington, then have three hours, worth a visit, or buy lounge access have a shower and a meal. If you haven't done much of London, then do it.
Old May 24, 2015, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Please check that you really have 6 hours for a trip out and haven't just listed the time difference between arrival and departure!

Also what time of day do these flights arrive and depart. I think the DEL flight leaves around 10PM.

Windsor is close by and easily accessible (do a forum search in the UK & Ireland boardfor directions re buses and taxis ) and is a popular alternative than central London.

Last edited by UKtravelbear; May 24, 2015 at 5:08 am
Old May 24, 2015, 12:15 pm

Windsor is a nice town to visit, stroll by the river, good food and all. Going for a Castle visit would be harder because it closes around 530.

Heathrow Exp would buy you some extra time, for a price.
Old May 25, 2015, 8:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Thai Gold, UA, AA, SWA
Thanks for the advice. Still have time to decide. Actual time is 5.5 hrs so if I take about .5 hrs for boarding, 20 minutes to reach my gate, half hour to clear security that leaves about 4 hrs. So going to London and back for a couple of hours visit does not look very attractive. Might as well buy the lounge access for 22 pounds. Thanks guys.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.