FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-atlantic-airways-flying-club-506/)
-   -   Best seats for couples in UC - 789 & 346. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-atlantic-airways-flying-club/1682028-best-seats-couples-uc-789-346-a.html)

AvidFlyer1990 May 22, 2015 4:07 pm

Best seats for couples in UC - 789 & 346.

Hello all, very new to VS forum, so I apologize if this thread/topic has been started before. I did find a similar thread, but my specific questions weren't answered so I thought of starting a new one!

Just booked the following itinerary for my parents:

DEL-LHR-JFK-LHR-DEL in Upper Class. DEL-LHR-DEL legs are operated by a Boeing 789, and LHR-JFK-LHR legs are operated by an Airbus 346.

That said, which will be the best seats for them, when they are travelling together? I understand from some of the threads here that Seat 2A has extra storage room?

Also, say if I select 3A for one and 4D for the other on the 346, and 2G and 3K on the 789, will they face each other? Seatguru and VS both has conflicting seat maps, in that, seatguru shows the same-numbered seats facing each other, and VS shows an odd and even numbered seat facing each other!!

Mods, please move/merge this thread if there's a similar one already started!

slinky09 May 23, 2015 12:45 am

It is better to consider two seats in the same row than across the aisle.

the_etk May 23, 2015 1:08 am

Personally I'd go for two adjacent A seats on both flights. Nearer the front of they want to be further from the bar.

On the Airbus the D seats are a bit smaller.

On the Dreamliner the A row just faces a wall at the back of the G seats so is a bit more private.

UKtravelbear May 23, 2015 5:36 am

VS seat map is the accurate one.

I don't trust any of those external seat review websites.

The rows are slightly offset though.

AvidFlyer1990 May 26, 2015 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear (Post 24858278)
VS seat map is the accurate one.

I don't trust any of those external seat review websites.

The rows are slightly offset though.

Yeah, that's what I guessed! VS' website will probably show the accurate seat map, as opposed to seatguru! They are slightly offset/misaligned, as you said. Thanks!

Originally Posted by slinky09 (Post 24857751)
It is better to consider two seats in the same row than across the aisle.

Originally Posted by owain_thomas (Post 24857792)
Personally I'd go for two adjacent A seats on both flights. Nearer the front of they want to be further from the bar.

On the Airbus the D seats are a bit smaller.

On the Dreamliner the A row just faces a wall at the back of the G seats so is a bit more private.

Thanks slinky09 and owain_thomas! I'll definitely have them look at the seats that are adjacent, specially the ones that face the wall, so it's more private.

Question: do you think the seats in the middle of the aircraft have more space: say bigger footrest, storage, handrest/seat width etc.? Thanks again!

MarkBearSF Jun 10, 2015 7:25 pm

Jumping in on the thread as I just booked a SFO-LHR flight on VS20 (346)

Got that it's better for a couple to be front/back than across the aisle in 346 UC.

- Any preferences between seats with a wall across the aisle vs more seats across?

- Does the plane normally board UC from the middle or the front (SFO, LHR)?

Currently booked 2A,3A, but thinking of moving across to 4-6 K (a couple of rows back to avoid the WC) or to rows 8-10 A (avoiding the bar at the rear in this case)

Thanks!
Mark

BlackCat Jun 12, 2015 1:58 am

Originally Posted by MarkBearSF (Post 24951604)
- Any preferences between seats with a wall across the aisle vs more seats across?

- Does the plane normally board UC from the middle or the front (SFO, LHR)?

The seats opposite the wall (K at the front, A at the rear) are more private and better in my view. The plane will normally board and disembark from 2L (middle) if there is a single jetway although you may get lucky with a second jetway to 1L.

I'd recommend you switch to the K side. 2K is my preferred choice due to extra storage space and the privacy of the wall and no one in front (there is no 1K on a 346). I don't find the proximity of the lav too intrusive.

BC

hockeydiva Jun 14, 2015 6:19 pm

We have a choice between 10K & 11K or 14A & 15A on this same aircraft. Any recommendations?

I've only flown this route in UC on the 747 before.

Thanks!

BlackCat Jun 15, 2015 9:43 am

Originally Posted by hockeydiva (Post 24970180)
We have a choice between 10K & 11K or 14A & 15A on this same aircraft. Any recommendations?

I've only flown this route in UC on the 747 before.

Thanks!

I'd probably go for 14/15A based on the extra privacy afforded by the wall and hope that the bar noise was not too bad. It's a bit of a 50/50 decision: privacy vs. potential noise. However, given there is no row 13, 10/11K are not that much more forward in any case.

BC