Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the point in having airline partners?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2015, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond
What's the point in having airline partners?

Why do Virgin bother advertising partners for use of FC points?

SQ you can't use the best hard product.

I've tried to get the following routes recently (with fexibility on dates, for around the end of next January) and nothing is available:

ANA LHR-NRT
Virgin Australia LAX-SYD
Virgin America JFK-LAX
Delta JFK-LAX
Air NZ LAX-AKL

Nothing. Anywhere. Why bother?

Rant over.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 6:50 am

Programs: United 1K
Have you tried looking at saver award availability using ExpertFlyer or using the individual airlines to check their award availability?

I've been able to book VS partner awards this way.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jaguar
Have you tried looking at saver award availability using ExpertFlyer or using the individual airlines to check their award availability?

I've been able to book VS partner awards this way.
Delta for example, I looked at miles availability and it said there was, called VS and nothing.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
US to Oceania is virtually impossible, no matter the FF programme. Anything that gets released is gone the first day available. You're at least 2 months late for booking Jan 2016. It's not just a VS issue.

SQ is not a VS issue either. They don't release premium award seats to anybody other than their own Krisflyer members, at least until T-14 days.

Domestic US flights should be another matter, but since DL have stopped publishing award charts, it's hard to tell whether any availability you see via SkyMiles is actually the availability partners can access.

Of course VS partner awards is a joke, but you haven't actually demonstrated any award availability (Expertflyer, ANA for Star Alliance, etc.) that VS is subsequently refusing you.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by jeffers
Why do Virgin bother advertising partners for use of FC points?

SQ you can't use the best hard product.

I've tried to get the following routes recently (with fexibility on dates, for around the end of next January) and nothing is available:

ANA LHR-NRT
Virgin Australia LAX-SYD
Virgin America JFK-LAX
Delta JFK-LAX
Air NZ LAX-AKL

Nothing. Anywhere. Why bother?

Rant over.
On SQ - book on non 77W or A380 flights, then you can get their Business Class seats. But that means you can't use them for US routes and most EU routes except those still using 772-ERs and A330s.

Have you tried MH? They're quite easy to get including their A380 flights.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
On SQ - book on non 77W or A380 flights, then you can get their Business Class seats. But that means you can't use them for US routes and most EU routes except those still using 772-ERs and A330s.
Unfortunately not true.

According to ANA tool, all 772 longhaul seats incl IST, AMS, FCO, CHC, CPH and SYD are blacked out in J.
This however is across the whole * Alliance.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 8:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by craigthemif
us to oceania is virtually impossible, no matter the ff programme. Anything that gets released is gone the first day available. You're at least 2 months late for booking jan 2016. It's not just a vs issue.

Sq is not a vs issue either. They don't release premium award seats to anybody other than their own krisflyer members, at least until t-14 days.

Domestic us flights should be another matter, but since dl have stopped publishing award charts, it's hard to tell whether any availability you see via skymiles is actually the availability partners can access.

Of course vs partner awards is a joke, but you haven't actually demonstrated any award availability (expertflyer, ana for star alliance, etc.) that vs is subsequently refusing you.
this is an ex-parrot!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.