Wiki Posts
Search

330-300 Seating Question?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2015, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
330-300 Seating Question?

Hi All--I am over from the Delta Forum. I will be flying between ATL and LHR later this year on VS metal--330-300s. And then again between ATL and MAN before the year is out. I tried searching this forum but didn't seem to find the answers for which I was looking. Sorry if I just missed it.

I will be sitting in Biz Elite/Upper Class--the front cabin. Do you have recommendations on seat selection?

1) The A side or the K side? On the outbound flight from ATL to LHR, I'm more interested in sleeping than eating and entertainment.

2) Nearer the front of the cabin, the back or the middle? Right now I have myself in 5K on the outbound and 4A on the return--so mid-cabin in both directions.

Any other hints or suggestions on flying with VS will be appreciated. I am a Diamond Medallion with Delta and traveling in the premium cabin on these flights, if that helps with lounge access at LHR and MAN.

Cheers, atl runner
Old Mar 7, 2015, 2:33 pm

Programs: VS/BA/CX/EK
Not much difference between A & K on the A333 apart from position of the sun, so you might want to select on this basis. Mid-cabin is fine: the seats towards the rear of UC can be impacted from the noise from the bar. Unfortunately the A333 'Dream Suite' is the poor relation of the J products. YMMV but if you're tall/broad then you may find things a little <ahem> cramped in the seat, the aisle and the cabin generally.

Oh, and if Upper Class isn't full then you can pinch a duvet from an empty seat as an extra sleeping pad. And you might want to steal an extra pillow too.

As always, if you're flying back from LHR then leave some time for the Clubhouse, particularly if you haven't experienced it before.

BC
Old Mar 7, 2015, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BlackCat
Not much difference between A & K on the A333 apart from position of the sun, so you might want to select on this basis. Mid-cabin is fine: the seats towards the rear of UC can be impacted from the noise from the bar. Unfortunately the A333 'Dream Suite' is the poor relation of the J products. YMMV but if you're tall/broad then you may find things a little <ahem> cramped in the seat, the aisle and the cabin generally.

Oh, and if Upper Class isn't full then you can pinch a duvet from an empty seat as an extra sleeping pad. And you might want to steal an extra pillow too.

As always, if you're flying back from LHR then leave some time for the Clubhouse, particularly if you haven't experienced it before.

BC
Thanks BlackCat. Actually, I'm short and thin so the seat shouldn't be a problem. It's now the only option between ATL and MAN, and the times work better for me than the Delta metal flights between ATL and LHR.

I will look forward to The Clubhouse, and always allow extra time when traveling.

By the way, is there any sort of arrivals lounge? I'll be arriving before my wife--who will be coming over on KLM from AMS after me. I guess that also means I'll have to get from T3 to T4?
Old May 26, 2015, 11:28 am
Original Poster

I'd still like to know about any Arrivals Lounge at LHR, when coming in in Upper Class?

Thanks
Old May 26, 2015, 12:04 pm

Programs: BA Blue; Marriott Rewards Silver
Hi atl runner,

There is an arrivals lounge called Revivals, which is landside in T3. Note the lounge is open from 5am to 1:30pm.

More info on
http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/gb/en...ls-lounge.html
Old May 26, 2015, 1:03 pm

Programs: Delta PM, IHG Spire
4 or 5 are both good. Further up front - closer to galley and them prepping meals, further back, closer to the bar which may have noise and activity.

There is an arrivals lounge in LHR to get a shower and breakfast. Really, not that big, until you realize half the place is taken up by numerous shower stalls. Not hard to find, go through customs and everything then towards the car-park and you'll see some signs to take an elevator up.

In Manchester, the lounge is a contract shared lounge - ok for a contract shared lounge but not up to snuff compared to the LHR Clubhouse. I'm not sure if there is an arrivals lounge or not (I think not).

Just got back yesterday from a trip I took VS ATL-LHR and MAN-ATL back. Wife and I sat in 4K and 5K both ways. And flew LHR-ATL on VS on the way back from another trip a month ago so got to enjoy the LHR Clubhouse then.
Old May 26, 2015, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dk240t
4 or 5 are both good. Further up front - closer to galley and them prepping meals, further back, closer to the bar which may have noise and activity.

There is an arrivals lounge in LHR to get a shower and breakfast. Really, not that big, until you realize half the place is taken up by numerous shower stalls. Not hard to find, go through customs and everything then towards the car-park and you'll see some signs to take an elevator up.

In Manchester, the lounge is a contract shared lounge - ok for a contract shared lounge but not up to snuff compared to the LHR Clubhouse. I'm not sure if there is an arrivals lounge or not (I think not).

Just got back yesterday from a trip I took VS ATL-LHR and MAN-ATL back. Wife and I sat in 4K and 5K both ways. And flew LHR-ATL on VS on the way back from another trip a month ago so got to enjoy the LHR Clubhouse then.
All of this is extremely helpful and much appreciated, dk240t. Thanks for all the great advice.^^^
Old Jun 22, 2015, 11:53 am
Original Poster

I thought the seat for sleeping on the way over was very comfortable, and my wife and I both enjoyed them on the way back (she flew over on Delta to AMS). The service was great. I loved the bar area--not for drinking but as a place you could go and stretch and move about. The Upper Class Drive Through Check-In worked beautifully, and the VS Clubhouse is really amazing.

All in all--a great experience.

The only small negative was on the return to ATL, the Upper Class bags seemed to be the last ones out--not the first.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 9:30 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Does anyone know which side the middle seats face (A or K) so I know which seats to pick? I'm on the A330 from LHR to DTW. Thanks!
Old Aug 10, 2015, 12:08 am

Programs: VS Au, Skywards Au, BA Exec Ag, HH Diamond, Taj Au
Originally Posted by MarkP24
Does anyone know which side the middle seats face (A or K) so I know which seats to pick? I'm on the A330 from LHR to DTW. Thanks!
In UC on the A333 there are four 'columns' of seating A-D and G-K, see here.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 6:51 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by slinky09
Thanks! This is helpful!
Old Aug 26, 2015, 4:46 pm

Programs: D E L T A Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Also flying ATL-LHR and was told the 2 seats together in the middle section in Upper Class are 5 inches shorter than the 1 seat side. Can anyone confirm this? We've chose to sit in two of the one seat sides as opposed to next to each other due to this.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 2:28 am

Yes, the middle seats are shorter. For a couple, recommend one behind the other on either window side (A or K).
Old Aug 27, 2015, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by slinky09
So for my wife and I, I chose seats 3K and 4K. I figured it's not too close to the bar, and not too close to the galley in front. Anyone have a better choice of seats for 2?
Old Sep 1, 2015, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MarkP24
So for my wife and I, I chose seats 3K and 4K. I figured it's not too close to the bar, and not too close to the galley in front. Anyone have a better choice of seats for 2?
3A through 6A and 3K through 6K are indeed optimal, especially if you are trying to sleep. I'll be on one of these babies next week and chose 5K.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.