Wiki Posts
Search

Missing final leg of trip

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2015, 12:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Silver BAEC, Diamond Hilton Honors, Gold SPG
Missing final leg of trip

I recently got involved in the cheap Virgin Atlantic economy flights of London>New York> London> Oslo with the transatlantic flights being on Virgin Atlantic and London to Oslo being on BA.

I had meant to book my London to Oslo flight for the next day and probably get stuck in traffic on the way to the airport and miss the flight to Oslo. However, getting my dates wrong I accidentally booked my London Oslo flight for 45 minutes after I land.

When I check in my bags at JFK would they be checked all the way to Oslo? or just to Heathrow leaving it to me to transfer to BA for my flight to Oslo?

Also, is it feasibly possible to get from a flight Terminal 3 at Heathrow to Terminal 5 in 45 minutes?!

Ideally I would like to miss my flight to Oslo, but do not want repercussions with my bag being tagged to Oslo or having my flight repriced on completion following me missing the final leg. Any thoughts?
Old Jan 20, 2015, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
It is simply not possible to transfer from T3 to T5 in 45 minutes. the MCT is 90 minutes

Many airlines are tightening up on short checking bags - especially where the connection is very short 'Sir won't have time to clear immigration, clear customs and recheck before your next flight'

Is the LHR - Oslo leg on the same ticket? I'm assuming not as no reputable travel agent / airline should sell you one with a connection time below the MCT. If so that is your saving grace as that leg won't appear in the VS system so they wouldn't know about the flight to Oslo and so would only check your bags to LHR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.